The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Flies and Fly Tying for Spey Fishing

Flies and Fly Tying for Spey Fishing From classic salmon flies to sunray shadows. Anything salmon love to take after a great cast!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Another Thunder & Lightening..... flat wing style

Hey Ard,

This is yet another beauty of yours. Just when you had me on the hair wing, you had to go and introduce the flat wing style! I like it!

So you've done it 3 ways you've shared, and on a tube & shank. Did I miss those ones? How about doing this Dee style?

Looking forward to see shots of your display case. I bet that'd make a wonderful addition to the cabin
Old 12-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another Thunder & Lightening..... flat wing style

Hi Jason,

The tube and shank need to be photographed yet and adding a Dee is a good idea. I will do this and then post the three additional renditions Sunday.

The cabin is a long way from being ready for fancy display cases of flies at this time. There is going to be a lot of sawdust made there over the winter Any globe display will end up on a little table here at home, I'm trying to figure out if the driftwood I plucked from the Yentna a couple years ago will be good or if I should scan the logjams over the next month for better prospects. Many of the jams on the Yentna are so big that they are visible above the snow so as I drive out the river I can stop and snoop for perfect size pieces.

I ordered a bunch of 4" oak base and glass globe covers a while back with the intention of making these things to be used as gifts. Until now there are half a dozen just taking up space that have never been used. I'm thinking that if flies are mounted on the right substrate under a glass top they will be pretty cool.

A Dee, I'll do that.

Ard
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;