The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Spey Casting, Spey and Switch Fly Rods and Double Handed Fly Fishing > Flies and Fly Tying for Spey Fishing

Flies and Fly Tying for Spey Fishing From classic salmon flies to sunray shadows. Anything salmon love to take after a great cast!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Thanks Allan. What a great idea, and opportunity, a "Tie-Along". Count me in.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allan: I have ordered a copy of the book from Amazon, count me in!

Larry
Old 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

Wow, some good tiers interested in this program. I want to encourage some of the newer tiers to jump in on this also. Allan intends this to be a learning process and tiers of all levels can benefit. So if you have a vise and are willing to learn some new techniques, this will be fun.

Frank
Old 09-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I have a thread in general discussions called 'we all have something to learn' and I have plenty to learn so................ I will be a participant also. This will be a good thing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interest, everyone! It looks to me like we're getting a really good group of tyers together, but there's plenty of room for more, since this isn't a swap and we don't have to tie up 10, 12 or more of any given pattern; just one each of as many of the patterns you like.

So far we've got:

Fysh
FISHN50
Peregrines
ChrisinselwynNZ
Joni
Jimmie
Larry
Ard
Pocono

Let's see if we can get a few more. In my mind, I'm thinking that 12-15 would be a good number to exchange ideas as we go along and to share our experiences at the vise, but there's really no limit.

I'll post on the materials for the first pattern, the grub, after the Labor Day weekend. Everybody enjoy their holiday!

Pocono
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

Allan Thank you for the PM. Count me in.

Rasevic
Old 09-03-2010, 04:36 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the PM, I hadn't see this thread, count me in.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a dozen tyers in on this tie-along, so far. That's great!

Welcome to Cicvara, Aroostookbasser and Wovenstonefly.

I'm going to put the roster on the first post on this thread, so that everyone can see who's participating without having to go from page to page
There's still room for more, since this is not a swap.

So, go ahead and sign up if you're interested in learnig to tie Salmon Flies. I think that his will be fun!

Pocono
Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

There are a few flies I see on here that I would LOVE to tie. I will need to order materials if it is not too much money. Some I will already have on hand probably. So please put materials in advance as much as possible. Nothing gets to me more than ordering, and they say they have it in stock, then they put me on backorder forever. Been there and done that way too many times. Anyway, this does sound like fun, and I cannot wait to get started.
Kelly
Old 09-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
There are a few flies I see on here that I would LOVE to tie. I will need to order materials if it is not too much money. Some I will already have on hand probably. So please put materials in advance as much as possible. Nothing gets to me more than ordering, and they say they have it in stock, then they put me on backorder forever. Been there and done that way too many times. Anyway, this does sound like fun, and I cannot wait to get started.
Kelly
Kelly,

Yes, I've been there before with backorders; the materials are always backordered when you need them most!

I plan to post some of the sources that I use, along with the materials, to try to speed up the sourcing process. Having said that, a lot of the patterns will use materials that you probably already have on hand.

Welcome to this tie-along!

Pocono