The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Stillwater angler has a spectacular aura aboutStillwater angler has a spectacular aura about
Default Pearly cormorant { uk stillwaters }.

Hi again,

Cormorant's are highly effective on our stillwaters. This varient is again very simple yet very effective.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hook. Fulling mill comp. 10
Body. Pearl mirage tinsel over red holographic tinsel varnished x2 before wing's attached.
Head/thread. White uni 8/0 buit round then painted with fl. orange paint then varnished x3 coats.
Over wing. Black marabou.

P.s., sorry if you already use any patterns put up, i've no idea what you guy's use

Fred.
Fulling Mill.
Trout Fisherman.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pearly cormorant { uk stillwaters }.

Great pattern! I have not seen this particular one before. Are you fishing it as a chironomid? Never apologize for any pattern you post. I have been tying a lot of Davie Mcphail's patterns and adapting the colour to suit where I fish. I notice that folks out your wat fish a lot of reds, purples and oranges, whereas we do but mostly in our salmon/steelhead patterns. Keep on posting!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Stillwater angler has a spectacular aura aboutStillwater angler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pearly cormorant { uk stillwaters }.

[QUOTE=Kerry Pitt;76014]

Hi Kerry,

Are you fishing it as a chironomid?

Your spot on , Our opinion is trout take it for a buzzer, but it will also double up as a small fry pattern. It can be fished on a floater through to a di 7/8.................. twitched, drawn or pulled back fast it does very well and a high favorite for comp. anglers over here.

Fred.
Fulling Mill.
Trout Fisherman.