The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM

Dixiejack has a spectacular aura aboutDixiejack has a spectacular aura about
Default Fly on the front cover

Does anybody who has gotten J. Stockard's 2010 catalog know the name of the fly on the front cover? It looks like it would be a great warm water fly. I emailed the company and they didn't know.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly on the front cover

Let me start by saying I don't know.
The one that fits (just a guess) is a variation of a Telico. Fat yellow floss body, ribbed ??? Just guessing but I do know that there are a lot of ways the Telico is tied.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen that fly someplace, but can't remember where. It kind of reminds me of a trimmed down March Brown Emerger. It's driving me crazy now. I don't know what site I went on looking for it, there were several, but one of them stuck a bug in my computor. It kept trying to hijack my home page to Yahoo. I got it out, but the only sites I was on between no problem and having it were looking for that fly. Be aware you need to have your anti-virus working if you follow my path looking for it. It may have been in a photo of a fly I saved also, because I dumped all the fly photos I saved while I was hunting for it. Now the problem is gone. My sister who is in the software biz, tells me it's common for photos to have a virus. Here son did her computor in twice with photos of cars he set as wallpaper. I have saved hundreds of photos of flies and this is the first problem I have had. I have a popup blocker that seems to stop all of them except Net flix. I hate that one.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

download malwarebytes, it will take care of that problem. its not just pictures..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 PM

Dixiejack has a spectacular aura aboutDixiejack has a spectacular aura about

WOW. I was just looking for help in finding the name of a fly. I didn't mean to start a fly pandemic. lol
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't that big a problem. I got it out right away. I will remember where I saw that fly one of these days and I'll get back to you.