The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glow in the dark Clousers.

A while back there was a thread about glow in the dark flies. I had posted in it that I use them quite a bit. I mix in with bucktail, glow in the dark flashabou made by Hedron. I paint the hourglass eyes with glow in the dark Protec powder paint. It works really well. At the time I had a photo of a fly tied with it, but just in the light. Here are three patterns in both light and dark. I goofed with the top pattern and used eyes I did with paint that didn't glow, but I think you can get the idea. Notice the powder paint glows the same color as it really is. The flashabou sort of does also, but not as true color.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glow in the dark Clousers.

Hey Dan!
That is pretty cool stuff. Just for experimentation, add some UV Flashabou with that mix. I am a big fan of UV flashes for flies that have to go deep.

Dennis
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Good looking Clousers even when it's not dark.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 AM
cariboo87

Awesome looking clousers. Ill have to find some of the material
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Hey Dan,

What kind of success have you had with them??.....pretty neat glow in the dark clousers.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 07-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Our Chamber of Commerce website says " The night bite on Lake of the Woods is nonexistant due to the stained water.." I still clobber the Walleyes at night. In fact if I told you well it was working you'd probably think I was telling fish stories.