The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: This Fly Took A Beating;

Hi JP,

I only changed it out because it had lost considerable mass on the last fish, partly due to me tearing some hackle out while removing the hook from a flopping fish I'm fishing some deep swift currents in this particular river and once the fly has lost enough hackle that it has reduced visibility I suffer a lack of confidence if I go for 10 minuets without another grab at it. Dry flies were different, as long as the wings were still there I kept fishing them

I saw your comment on the blog page, you're gonna love the Fall Colors entries

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

I cant show great fish as Ardy did but this fly get busted after 30 chubs in one hour of fishing....And chub doesnt have teeth.....

Butch caddis and first chub...

Click the image to open in full size.

after one hour

Old 10-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mladen this is a "baby" chub....come here we've got lots of "grand fathers"but like many old guys they're sometimes grumpy and don't want to bite
Ard...autumn is in demand here...temps are abnormally high and no rain for weeks
Old 10-02-2011, 02:39 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Mladen this is a "baby" chub....come here we've got lots of "grand fathers"but like many old guys they're sometimes grumpy and don't want to bite
Yes,I know what you mean...big chubs are more trickish then trout
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Keep fishing it! I see more mojo left on that hook.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't throw it away

Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I went Pike fishing this afternoon. I had a nice looking flatwing I tied and decided that I should take a "Before" photo. Glad I did now. Here's the before and the after.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

I take it you had a good day with the Pike Dan................ BTW, I made 2 more of those Dee wing jobs and Boss & I are going for a river hike this morning. It does not get daylight until almost 8:00 Am so we are about to leave now, it's almost 7:00 here as I write this. We still have about 12 hours of light daily but are losing 5 minutes 40 seconds every day so it kinda sneaks up on ya. Weather has been good with highs 46 - 50 and low around 34 overnight. Up on the mountains it's colder and the termination dust is creeping further down the slopes day by day. I'll let you know how the day goes.

Ard

Old 10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm reading this to late to wish you luck beforehand, but I hope you get a big one of the Rainbows up there. Hopefully everyone, Ard will post a photo of one. They may be the prettiest strain of Rainbow I have ever seen.