The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 PM

mikeman715 is on a distinguished road
Default Best online fly shop

Alright, so I have been fly fishing for one year, and have mostly been buying my flies from an Orvis store...I don't think they are terribly expensive, but they add up quickly. Is there an online store that has good prices and "good quality" flies?
Maybe one day I'll start to tie my own
Old 12-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Best online fly shop

Hi Mike,

Goggle Millers Fly Shop, I think you'll like the flies and the prices.

First time I've seen you post here, Welcome to the forum, please post any question you may have, our members will be happy to help with whatever.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the recommendation and the welcome!
That site has TONS of flies and good prices-Now I just need to figure out what kind of flies to get..
Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of sites for cheap flies, the one mentioned is a great one. My recommendation is be sure the dries you get are good quality. It can be worth paying up a bit for good dries. Tying is a great way to get quality flies.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Albright has a winter sale going.
Albright
Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I see you're in SE Wisconsin, what are you going to be fishing for, that will get you some suggestions for fly patterns.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

check out blue fly cafe.

ARFE
Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 AM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

You should go visit Pat Ehlers shop if you are near Milwaukee...

Casters Fly Shop has a great online site with lots of stuff to choose from, may want to try checking them out...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I see you're in SE Wisconsin, what are you going to be fishing for, that will get you some suggestions for fly patterns.

Ard
Well, when I like to fish for trout(when I can find time to drive a bit)
but in the summer I also like to fish for bluegills and bass.
And in the spring/fall I fish the steelhead run... or at least I try.

So if anyone could give me a bunch of great pattern( mostly for the trout), I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Big Y Fly.