I own the Griffin Odyssey Spider, so let me give you my impressions.
1. Customizable - I changed out the handle and easily made a parachute tool for it.
2. Holds hooks securely - I have tied down to a 24 and up to a 2 and have not had any issues holding hooks.
3. Easily disassembled - I take it to fly tying seminars without any issues.
4. Inexpensive - Does everything a more expensive vice can do for a lot less
5. Durable - I have not had any quality issues in the year I have been using it.
1. Hook Access - I sometimes find that I don't have the greatest hook access when I am tying near the hook bend (it could be because I'm a klutz or inept
2. Hook Changes - This style of vice makes changing hooks a little more time consuming than say a cam operated vice or a Regal, but by no means is it a bad thing.
3. The flies don't tie themselves
I like my vice. I have found that I don't use the rotary function for tying, just to get access to the bottom of the fly. To date it has served me well. Just my 2 cents.