The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 05:02 PM

dejaylures is on a distinguished road
Default Need a Messinger Fly expert

I need help with authenticating Joe Messinger Sr. flys. My father passed away and I inherited a collection of rods, reels, lures and a collection of flys in a case with Signature cards of both Joe Messinger Sr. and Jr., a photo of Sr. sent to my father by Jr., 18 flys, four of which my father ordered from Messinger jr. in 1992, and 3 old cards that the fly were attached to. I am an ex-school teacher and have no interest in keeping them, but don't know where to go or who to ask about them. I'm sure your group could give me information in this area. There is also supposed to be a catalog of Sr. Messinger that jr. sent my father, but I have yet to find it. I believe one fly is called Buck Tail and another Buck Tail Popper. That's all I know.
Thank you,
Kim Vigil
California