The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM

Walter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of lightWalter1023 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cheap Flies???

My first 10 years of flyfishing I never tied. Now I only fish with my own ties....however.....I used alot of vendors before I took the plunge and there are alot of decent ones. My favorite was Blue Fly Cafe priced out at about .65 fly.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM

risenfly is on a distinguished road

I can't remember the last fly I purchased, but I've heard NOTHING but good reviews from my friends who have purchased from here.

Fly Fishing Flies, The Fly Stop, Discount Fly Fishing, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment
Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

Quote:
Originally Posted by risenfly View Post
I can't remember the last fly I purchased, but I've heard NOTHING but good reviews from my friends who have purchased from here.

Fly Fishing Flies, The Fly Stop, Discount Fly Fishing, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment
I browsed the net looking for good cheap flys, this company kept popping up in various forums all with high marks. I myself was wanting cheap yet decent quality. Took the plunge and ordered 62 various flys to refill the dry fly box and top off the others. Hopefully they are as good as they are talked up too be.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:11 AM

notenuftoys has a spectacular aura aboutnotenuftoys has a spectacular aura about

I tie my own midges and nymphs, but for dry flies I've had good success with Tonto Creek Flies.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 AM

edsflyshop is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the kind words and support of my shop. I should have a lot more flies coming in next week. I do my best to keep the prices down.

Thank You,
Ed
Ed's Fly Shop
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

those are all good sites with pretty much similar pricing.
im going to go ahead and place my order with one of them (closest to me in CA) so maybe there's a chance ill get it before my trip on Friday.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough

I recieved my order from "the fly stop" in 3 days. Its $3 1-3 business day shipping and their prices are good. Fly quality is IMHO just as good as what I can pay $1.50+ for at Cabelas.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
I recieved my order from "the fly stop" in 3 days. Its $3 1-3 business day shipping and their prices are good. Fly quality is IMHO just as good as what I can pay $1.50+ for at Cabelas.
good to hear, thanks
yea for $0.60 - $0.65 / fly , im sure they'll do just fine.
i just started Fly Fishing over a month ago and already get thinking about buying more flies, as the ones at the 2 shops i've gone to so far in Los Angeles, all fly's are 1-3$

do you live in So.Cal?
"theflystop" is in San Diego and im in Los Angeles,
i got my order in little after 11AM and emailed them to say thanks in advance if they can manage to get it out today, as im sure it'll get up to LA by Friday afternoon, that's when im taking of to Mammoth for weekend of fishing
Old 07-17-2012, 03:51 PM

Nope I am in south western Idaho. Not sure how fast the mail sorting facilities are in the bigger cities but I would think that you would have it by friday, or at least the day of friday.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Big Y Fly Company...good prices, excellent service.