The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tubes Love em or hate em

I also put my vote with either Ard or Eunan. Peer pressure, peer pressure! A Jock O Dee on a tube I have a number of flies similar to tube-style flies, as well as some tubes. Any fly which trails a stinger-style hook has the same benefit, since the original argument for the tube fly was negligible hook shank so as to limit thrown hooks, if I remember correctly?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 06-24-2012, 03:54 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tubes Love em or hate em

Good call Gator. Eunan has some amazing skills at the vise. I am often in awe.

Thanks Ard. If Jack won't do it, let me know and perhaps we could work something out--this of course assuming you are interested. Word of caution, I don't know that my ties can stand up to yours but I'd be willing to do this if you are game. I posted a few of my latest in the What are you Tying thread so you can see some of my work.