The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Flies (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/flies/)
-   -   Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/flies/293896-succesful-flies-north-georgia-streams-late-fall.html)

cdawg1999 08-14-2012 12:38 PM

Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
I have a late fall trip planned for the north georgia mountains. Small fish and small streams. Anyone have any ideas what works good for that time of year and that area.

Thanks

MoscaPescador 08-14-2012 01:37 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdawg1999 (Post 477202)
I have a late fall trip planned for the north georgia mountains. Small fish and small streams. Anyone have any ideas what works good for that time of year and that area.

Thanks

I can't say that I have ever been there, but Google can be your friend.

Look up "hatch chart north georgia" on Google. You will be surprised on what you find.

Dennis

cdawg1999 08-14-2012 01:46 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't try google. I use it for everything else.

zug buggin 08-22-2012 08:09 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Nymphs: Pheasant Tails #14 to #18, Prince Nymphs #14 to #18, GR Hares' Ear #12 to #16, early black stonefly nymphs #16, Tellico #16
Drys: elk hair caddis #16, yellow stimulators #12 to #16, Adams Parachute #16
Streamers olive Woolly Buggers #8 to #12 same in black
Midges: Brassie #18 to #22 Zebra midge in black also red #18 to #22

mike63 08-27-2012 11:49 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zug buggin (Post 478854)
Nymphs: Pheasant Tails #14 to #18, Prince Nymphs #14 to #18, GR Hares' Ear #12 to #16, early black stonefly nymphs #16, Tellico #16
Drys: elk hair caddis #16, yellow stimulators #12 to #16, Adams Parachute #16
Streamers olive Woolly Buggers #8 to #12 same in black
Midges: Brassie #18 to #22 Zebra midge in black also red #18 to #22

Kinda funny but that list also works right here in Colorado!

tonysav 08-28-2012 07:43 AM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Fish there often and the best flies have been Rainbow Warrior and Pinkeye knock-em dead everytime.

paymaster 09-07-2012 01:50 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Zebra Midge #20-24

rockriver 09-07-2012 03:09 PM

Re: Succesful Flies for North Georgia streams in late fall?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoscaPescador (Post 477208)
I can't say that I have ever been there, but Google can be your friend.

Look up "hatch chart north georgia" on Google. You will be surprised on what you find.

Dennis


Thanks Dennis. I just printed up a bunch of hatch charts that I've never seen before.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
2005-2014 The North American Fly Fishing Forum. All rights reserved.