The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 05:50 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Bead colors

Just curious if anyone has ever tried using fingernail polish to color beads? If so was it durable? Definitely lots of shades to choose from.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Re: Bead colors

Never have but it seems like a good idea. Red, pink, brown; I can think of lots of colours that would be neat to try.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 AM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Seems like it would work...I can also see it chipping off when the bead hits the riverbed. I'd say give it a whirl.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Use it for hard 'egg' pattersn often.. doesn't last last long, but you can easily retouch
Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 AM

mfo is on a distinguished road

You can also try the powdered Jig head paint that uses heat to adhere to the bead.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

I've used the jig paint it works well . Beads come in so many colors now and they are cheap so it's easy just to buy them. If your fly shop doesn't have the color you like try a craft store.
jaybo41 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
Seems like it would work...I can also see it chipping off when the bead hits the riverbed. I'd say give it a whirl.
That's what I was thinking and was hoping someone had tried it to say if it was durable or not. Might just buy a bottle of red to try out. Tied a few miracle nymphs with a tungsten red bead that caught me some fish yesterday. I don't have any bigger red tungten beads so I may try it out.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:20 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
I've used the jig paint it works well . Beads come in so many colors now and they are cheap so it's easy just to buy them. If your fly shop doesn't have the color you like try a craft store.
I'm with theboz. Since beads come in so many colors I just buy the color I want. I can make much better use of my time tying as opposed to painting a bead with nail polish.