The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By thorsten
  • 1 Post By jpbfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default My Favorite Flies

Hello Fly Fishing Friends,

Here I show you my favorite flies, which I did tie by myself and which I use most of the time when I am spending time at my home river Dill here in Germany.

First my sedges, which I made from deer hair or goose feathers with a cock heckle. For the other segde, with the brown wings, I sticked hen feathers on a tabe and cut the shape out.
Click the image to open in full size.

That are some of my nymphs and wet flies.

Here are my pike and perch streamers. As you can see I like to work with rabbit hair and epoxy material - that makes the flies durable.

And here are two of my first streamers I ever did (15 years ago), the red one looks a little bit like a member of the Muppet´s Show and I never used him

THORSTEN
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Favorite Flies

Nice flies ThorstenI specially like the little beast(streamer)on the second pic
thorsten likes this.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello JP,

Tomorrow they can show what they can - we have our annual pike fishing day in our local fishermen´s club

THORSTEN
Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

All are nice patterns Thorsten, I look forward to seeing the Pike.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Hello,

Today I spent about three hours at our river for pike fishing, but the water level has risen since we had some heavy rain in the last days. Because of that I caught nothing
But anyhow, it was great to spend some hours in the nature and I could observe a nice Kingfisher bird And finally I was nearly attacked by a bigger wild pig (~100kg) which came out of the brush five meters in front of me

THORSTEN
Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: My Favorite Flies

Great collection of goodies there!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thorsten: Very nice selection of flies, they would do well here in Wyoming!

Larry

Old 11-11-2012, 07:34 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

great looking flies thorsten!
some serious pike flies in there
by the way,i think that that second to last fly(the orange one with the white maribou) needs to see some water
thanks for sharing these.

casey

ARFE
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM

Hello Fly Fishing Friends,

MANY THANKS for your compliments Most of these flies have never seen water until today, because I had really no time for fishing in the last years. But it seems that this will change

THORSTEN