The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice
Default Snow's In, time to learn to tie.

The snow's here and it seems that box of materials sitting in the corner for a couple weeks was bought with these days in mind so last night I opened everything up. I've had some fun not knowing anything and just messing around. I wanted to share a picture of what I was working on and see what everyone else was working on.
Click the image to open in full size.

Sorry the picture's not so detailed, I'm trying to find my macro lens.
wt bash and ted4887 like this.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Snow's In, time to learn to tie.

I'd swing that any day!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM

nrp5087 will become famous soon enoughnrp5087 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
The snow's here and it seems that box of materials sitting in the corner for a couple weeks was bought with these days in mind so last night I opened everything up. I've had some fun not knowing anything and just messing around. I wanted to share a picture of what I was working on and see what everyone else was working on.

Sorry the picture's not so detailed, I'm trying to find my macro lens.
Looks alot like a popscicle if thats what you were going for
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

something along those lines but with what I could scrounge up and given that it's a whiskey morning, no rules apply.
but instead it's got a lead wrapped body to ad weight with ice dub chenille over, meant to do some tinsel at the butt and crystal flash in the wing but whoops. hah.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Carl: Good first fly, it will certainly catch fish.

Larry

Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks Larry, it was actually the third,
this was the second I did, the head was a mess,

The first one fell apart...

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I can just believe you're getting another pounding of snow! Nor-Cal Road Cam's. http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/CamerasCalifornia.asp
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM

Yup this one should be a good one too,
this is our cam, seems to be fogged at the moment.
Shasta Home - Snowman Hill Cam

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I see you're a touch further south than I thought Carl.

Years back now but had to make (roughly) monthly trips down to Windsor/Santa Rosa during the winter. You'd get hammered on the way back (just south of DunniesMire) and you could always tell the Oregon Drivers going north. Driving in the loose snow lane, studded snow tyres and in 4x4 'high.'

We're chugging along at 35-40 mph and the regular tyre guys (chains included) were struggling at 15.

Just out side for a 'smoke,' No-no the legal kind and see the Mornings low was 49 degrees ... were down 12 at the moment and raining like hell. Anything over 2500 to 3000 feet has got to be taking a pounding.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Right on man, you're done now though. All the sudden thoughts hit you like "I need to put together a spring creek box, a box for freestone a box for stillwater a box for this and a box for that" The best thing you can do is apologize to your girlfriend now for lack of attention down the road. Have fun and tie outside the lines.