The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Members Fly Boxes

I already promised them to my 2yr old son. If he backs out they are all yours!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Members Fly Boxes

This box was offered to me by my friend Larry...had taken this pic for him when it was full
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Here are my Stillwater fly box and four streamer fly boxes. In the past I only had one streamer fly box and had all my other streamers stuffed in a standby box, but this year I bought four of those plastic boxes (look just like the Cliff Bugger Boxes) from JoAnnes for something like $6 apiece and then used the spray adhesive to fix 4mm foam to the insides.
Here is my Stillwater fly box (minus my midge box):

Here is Streamer box 1 (in no particular order):
Steamer box 2:
Streamer box 3:
Streamer box 4:

Here is a box of large dries I tied up this winter to use for fishing dry/dropper rigs.

Here is my go to box, a mix of nymphs, scuds, a few nymphs, ants, beetles, etc.

Here are a couple of my nymph/scud boxes:

Here are my stonefly boxes:

Last edited by mcnerney; 02-07-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

WOW!!!
I'm jealous. I'm not that good of tier, and all of your boxes look like a vendor getting ready to stock the local shop. what a great assortment of flies you guys have.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberguy View Post
WOW!!!
I'm jealous. I'm not that good of tier, and all of your boxes look like a vendor getting ready to stock the local shop. what a great assortment of flies you guys have.
Don't worry, I'm not a good tier either, especially compared to some of the folks on this forum, but I catch my share of fish over the summer and you will to, I have just been at tying longer.
gzarboni likes this.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

My Stream Fly Box

Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 AM

roofish is on a distinguished road

WOW Ok, Ok those are all Fabulous

However, you guys can't possibly ever use all those & their weighting you down when your fishing.........

Being the kinda guy I am & concerned that you don't ruin your back & hence your ability to fly fish......all you have to do is put 1 of each of your flies or half of all your flies in an envelope & send them to me & I will carry the burden & weight...

So that you guys are able to enjoy many more years fly-fishing

So just PM me for my address
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

Great boxes!

Always shames me into start tying more
Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
This box was offered to me by my friend Larry...had taken this pic for him when it was full
I keep having a look at these flies and they are great , Traditional Flies. I would be proud to own a box of those flies.

well tied too!
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
I keep having a look at these flies and they are great , Traditional Flies. I would be proud to own a box of those flies.

well tied too!
Ray: I know what you mean, excellent flies. JP sent me a container of about 12 flies a few years back, I still have most of them, the dries are just so pretty I can't seem to fish with them. I have however, fished with a few of his nymphs that are pretty effective over here.
jpbfly likes this.