The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Favorite way to store flys

Phil, If you browse Ebay, that type of fly box is listed quite a bit by several sellers. It's likely they're being made by the same manufacturer & sold by different sellers & by different brand names. I purchased a few recently from Green Caddis Outfitters & they looked identical to some I had previously purchased from an Ebay seller. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but if you do decide to buy that type of box, look around & compare prices. The boxes I've got are IMO, good quality & are probably made in China.

Keep at this awhile & your collection of flies will likely expand exponentially!
jaybo41 likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbush1127 View Post
I saw some of those water proof boxes big Jim has and I was thinking about getting a couple of those. Thankfully my collection isn't that large yet i don't know what I would do with myself if it was
If you stick with it, you WILL get there at some point.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:04 AM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

I like small glass jars from jam or similar...for streamers similar colored nymphs and drys etc...cheap & airtight ..this is for overflow ...usually I have at lest 5-6 fly boxes full...so I need somewhere to keep any extra flies I tie.

I also like to keep a dozen of a kind or two snagged on a business card for gifts & tryer outers etc...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I like small glass jars from jam or similar
Jars can be great for storing tying materials in also!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:20 PM

rockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the roughrockthief is a jewel in the rough

My favorite place is in the corner of a fish's mouth. Other than that I have flies all over the place. THey are in my car, the bedroom, with my rods, some with my reels, in the fly supplies storage cabinet, on my tying table. Kind of embarrassing.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

RT...I guess they are sort of a fashion statement!!

I always have my recent fav hanging stuck from the visor in my truck...why...I havent a clue except I like to look at it...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/