The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all
Default Gartside Gurgle where to buy online

Anyone knows where I can buy Gartside Gurgle online?

thanks
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gartside Gurgle where to buy online

They're so simple to tie that you might actually have trouble finding some.
I know Bear's Den sells them, I'm sure other places do too.
Flies that are simple like that don't sell well in fly shops. The don't look fancy enough to catch the angler's eye
runningfish likes this.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

But they work so well, I am surprised more shops don't carry them. Seems Jack's flies were more a specialty.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Flies that are simple like that don't sell well in fly shops. The don't look fancy enough to catch the angler's eye
I did the search of some key online stores for Gurglers, and I could not find any. I completely forgot about Bear's Den.

This thread is a good reminder. I need to go tie some.

Dennis
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I did the search of some key online stores for Gurglers, and I could not find any. I completely forgot about Bear's Den.
Jack was Boston guy, Bear's Den is a Boston shop (sorta).
Old 06-28-2013, 11:20 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Thank you for the link I didn't know about this store but it looks legit. I found some on Ebay as well.

In my search looking for them I encountered countless sites and videos showing the recipe and the way to tie them. They look very easy to tie but I am not a fly tier nor want to be one since I heard it was very addicting.

Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Miller's Fly Shop in Texas sells them. Miller's has a store on Ebay. Their flies are not of the quality of most folks who tie their own, but for the price not too bad. At least the flies I've purchased from them have not been too bad.

I tie most of my own, but have purchased flies from several sources to add to my own for fishing trips, particularly when they were on sale.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

what size and colors, I tie and sell
Rip Tide likes this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

My local Orvis shop always has them in stock. You might try Orvis's online site.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:07 PM

flymoron is on a distinguished road

Orvis has them, but they are 3/0 saltwater