The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all
Default Blind eye hooks

Does anyone here fish with flies tied on blind eye hooks? I'm seriously thinking about it is the reason I'm asking.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blind eye hooks

Paging Eunan! He ties on them often. Amazing fly tier, very, very gifted.

In the mean time this thread may be of interest to you.

Blind Eye Hooks
Old 02-25-2014, 05:27 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Eunan's post on the Red Rover was the one that got me interested in Classis Flies. After my first attempt at the Red Rover, I can see that I will have a bunch of flies that should be drowned to put them out of pain for being so ugly. Eunan's flies are works of art. I can only hope; but, I will press on to success.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:16 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

His flies are mainly for presentation I believe. Proportions and overall appearance are much more significant in that case, but certainly it's no doubt that you should strive to tie the most beautiful fly that you can.

I haven't attempted a blind eye yet. I've tied on Salmon/Spey Irons and they turned out OK but I know I have a LONGGGGGGGGGGG way to go if I want to get close to some of the folks tying those classics. Eunan included. I guess what I'm trying to say is stick with it, watch your progress and fish the best looking flies. Once they get wet they tend to fall apart a little anyway.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:40 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

stick at it. Took me two years to get to this level...practice and practice is the best advice i can give you.

Addicted To Vise