The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM

icculus is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a little info.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/rurusupy.jpg[/Greetings,

I've searched far and wide online for a little information. This is a very cool piece. I'm. It looking to sale but just looking for info. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I'm going out on a limb. This seems to be a sales sample that my late grandfather left at his death. It seems very old. Just looking for info and to share a piece of history.

Anyone know anything about these? Possible date? Worth?

Thanks in advance.

Happy casting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Click the image to open in full size.

Back of box/display.

fyshstykr likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Looking for a little info.

Very cool! Hildebrandt lures are still being produced. What you have likely has a lot of value to collectors.

They're part of the Yakima Bait Company now. You might try contacting them.

Phone: (509) 854-1311
Fax: (509) 854-2263
Mail: PO Box 310, Granger, WA 98932
e-Mail: ybcinc@yakimabait.com
fyshstykr likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

....I think it's a very nice item for collectors
You may find infos there:Antiques and Vintage Fishing Tackle - Collector Information | Collectors Weekly
or...Antique & Vintage Fishing Tackle & Books
fyshstykr likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 PM

Thanks guys. It's very nice. I'm very thankful for the replies so far!

fyshstykr likes this.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Late 40's early 50's and value $500 - $750 and that would be on the high side. Of course there may be a Hildebrandt collector out there who is missing this one piece and has a pocket full of money.

Dave
fyshstykr and jpbfly like this.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM

That's awesome, Dave. Very cool just to know a timeframe. Thanks tons for the info.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

It appears that there may be as many as six pieces missing from the set, that is going to affect the value collector wise substantially. The fellows have provided good contacts for further appraisal but the market may not yield as high a figure as has been suggested. If I had such a collection and were considering sale I would begin searching eBay for similar items and establish a baseline value based on current market selling prices.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-16-2014, 02:11 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi,

It appears that there may be as many as six pieces missing from the set, that is going to affect the value collector wise substantially.....
Possibly more than six. It's a very neat collectible, but I think Ard is right about completeness affecting value significantly. With half a dozen pieces gone it's currently not a set.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Yeah. Your right. Not looking to sale anyway. Wanted yo know more about it. The funny is. My grandfather always laughed and recalled his sons sneaking once and getting a few out and they actually went fishing with them hahah. Kinda adds to the piece for us since we aren't selling anyway haha.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

I remember using some flicker spinners when I first start to fly fish in the 60's. Might even have a few yet in one of the old boxes in closet. They worked great for pan fish and bass.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..