The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 09:38 AM

wf10f is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thoughts: Parachute Stimulator?

If you premise about the surface is correct, then the Stimulators I take and cut the bottom off so it floats on it's body and side facing hackles and lowers the entire profile should work as well as the trouble as tying one with a parachute.

Just a rambling thought.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:06 PM

sheepdog will become famous soon enoughsheepdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
sheepdog,

When I get an hour or two of "play time" at the vise, I'll work on a variation or two, and name it the "SD-1," in your honor, of course...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Hey Jerry, were you able to put one of these things together by chance?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully in Feb next year with 2 Fishing Mates we are off to New Zealand so I'll be Tying some Stimulators to hopefully copy The Cicadas so I'll also work on some Para Versions for an Indicator hopefully I can get to work on them soon.

Larry.
Maybe it could be a good idea for a Fly Swap ..A Para Stimy Fly Swap... A Unique Swap as it could be very interesting.....also what does everyone think as we know how inventive Fly Tyers can be with all the materials we have ??

Jerry you could get some New Patterns as well ???
Brian