The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Discount Flies??

Have any of you folks bought flies from Ebay? I tie my own so I've never bought any, but some of the flies seem to sell for less than the cost of the hooks. I'm guessing not all of these are imported, rather some folks who enjoy cranking out flies in their spare time. Alot of the dealers seem to have lots of satisfied customers. I've just always wondered.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 PM

ErnieBall is on a distinguished road

hey all --- if you want flys at a really great price and really good quality -- check out Order Discount Flies Online, The Fly Stop, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment - i just ordered about 50 flys from them and they are great! fast shipping, great flies and the owner emailed me to check on my order and make sure everything was up to par. great service,check em out
Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 PM

jcl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieBall View Post
hey all --- if you want flys at a really great price and really good quality -- check out Order Discount Flies Online, The Fly Stop, Trout & Steelhead Flies, Cheap Flies, Quality Fishing Equipment - i just ordered about 50 flys from them and they are great! fast shipping, great flies and the owner emailed me to check on my order and make sure everything was up to par. great service,check em out
I'm glad to see this. I was just coming in here to see if anyone else had tried this yet, so I'll give them a shot today or tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM

ErnieBall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcl View Post
I'm glad to see this. I was just coming in here to see if anyone else had tried this yet, so I'll give them a shot today or tomorrow.
let me know how it goes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road

Well, I ordered my flies about 8:00 last night, and had several emails waiting for me this morning. One notified me that my flies had shipped and one directly from a person thanking me and giving me contact details. At the very least, the customer service is impressive. Now we'll see what they catch (and if it's nothing, then clearly we can blame the flies...)
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I have had good service and good quality from the Trout Spot. This is the only place I have ordered from online, but I have no complaints.

Dave
Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 PM

thelumberjack is on a distinguished road

I also recommend Flyshack. They ship quickly, have a good selection, and great prices. They are great for other odds and ends associated with tying as well.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 PM

mikeo will become famous soon enough

Check out ReelFlies,ReelFlies.ca ** Fishing Flies, Trout Flies, Discount Fly Fishing Flies, a Canadian fly fishing tackle store. Great quality at great prices. And great people to deal with.
"Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach
Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM

Dixiejack has a spectacular aura aboutDixiejack has a spectacular aura about

I purchase all my flies from River Bum.com. They offer quality flies at great prices. Gives a discount if you purchase 2 or more of the same fly and free shipping on any order of $25. or more. They also carry a great line of gear.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM

BambooJim1961 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Has anyone purchased flies from The Angler's Dream, Blue Fly Cafe, or Big Y Fly Co?

I found these companies on the web, and the prices seem great. Will I be "getting what i pay for"????

Thoughts?
Here is a link You ALl might want to try.

www.phoneflies.com

Jim