The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Flies

Flies Questions about flies. What flies work and don't work. Complete fly talk...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Once you got em, where to put em

For the fly tyer who just can't stop tying and needs some place to put those extra flies this little bead storage box is just the thing to keep you organized.
I tie a lot of midge patterns and this storage box is great for those flies that are just too plentiful to put in my fly box. I use small address labels to identify each pattern by name and size and stick them on the small boxes. i.e. Zebra midge #22 ect
Thought some of you would be interested in this so here is where you can get one.
Amazon.com: Portable Bead & Craft Storage Box With 52 Removable Compartments: Kitchen & Dining Amazon.com: Portable Bead & Craft Storage Box With 52 Removable Compartments: Kitchen & Dining
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Once you got em, where to put em

Thanks Yat. That makes a lot more sense than filling up fly boxes like I'm doing.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:18 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good strategy.

I use those clear Plano boxes that have the dividers for my extra flies that have not taken up residence in the fly boxes that I take on my fishing trips.

MP
Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Yat,

That is a great idea. The individual boxes have lids and you don't have to worry about the flies getting mixed like some boxes.

Frank
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I tie a lot of flies. a lot. for atlantic salmon. Mostly I give them away to fishing friends or fundraisers. I've come up with this solution to toting them around. The fly boxes are Dewitts, I bought the canvasy tote thing on fleabay. works just great:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM

bjweller has a spectacular aura aboutbjweller has a spectacular aura about

I've been looking for just such an item. Thanks for the post Yatahey.

Bret

"There comes a time in every man's life when he is either going to go fishing or do something worse."

-Havilah Babcock