The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ever pick up the wrong gear? or Waking up on time helps.......

Well this has nothing to do with fishing, but last night I couldn't sleep because the damn chirping that smoke alarms do every now and then. So I got up and pulled out the battery of the one I thought it was . No sooner did I get in bed it happened again, so I did the other bedroom one. Still chirping so I shut off the breakers.

Finally, I discovered what it was on the fourth trip, this new disposable cell phone I'd bought had the same chirping noise. Some nights you just can't win.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I keep all my gear in a giant hockey bag and sort out what I need for the day when I get to the river. Great planning right? No so fast Yat. One day last year in anticipation of a trip I took my vest out of the bag and rearranged and cleaned it out, went to bed, grabbed the bag in the morning and off I went. After an hour drive, I got to the river, strung up my rod, wadered up and reached for my vest....no vest....I left it sitting on the coffee table the night before. Dooh!!!

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 07-31-2011, 05:45 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Allan,

I think it's the days that things don't go exactly as planned that make for the best of memories, at least they always garner a smile when we remember them.

Ard
Ard, I agree with that.

I think that when you stop and look back on your life, you probably won't remember a single day that you were doing the ordinary things, but you'll probably remember all of the days that you were doing something special and the comical, screw-up days definitely fall into the "special" category.

Having said that...............I won't make that same comical, s-u again!

Pocono