The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 AM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all
Default Excellent Slack-Line Casting Video

These casts will help us catch fish:

Randy
Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Excellent Slack-Line Casting Video

Randy, thanks for sharing that video, the slack line cast is one I leared a long time ago. The jump roll on the other hand is something I've worked on and get right sometimes, but most times not.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 AM

kevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the roughkevthebassman is a jewel in the rough

Wow, that guy is a phenomenal caster. I think if you gave me a thousand years to do nothing but fish and practice casting, I would still pale in comparison.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent video. I think the 'Jump Roll he does at 2:19 and around it are actually a single spey and a spiral spey. 4:17 is a snake roll etc. Probably just different names for the same cast like snap-T and circle spey. A very useful video. Thanks for posting it.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everybody,

For those new to the reach cast the method shown is a very moderate reach cast. I am right handed and if I make a reach cast up stream to my left I will pass the rod from my right hand to my left hand and make a step to my left with my left foot. This gives me a lot of reach up stream. Just to be clear, I don't cast with my left had but make the exchange towards the end of the cast while the line is still in the air. If I am making a reach cast to my right I don't change hands with the rod but I still make a step to my right with my right foot and extend my right hand as far as I can reach.

Frank