The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Distance casting summary by Mike Heritage

Randy, you do realize Lasse Karlsson is one of the top casters on the planet? I have seen video of him hitting 115' with a THREE weight. He has possibly the most perfect form of almost anyone.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:26 PM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all
Default Re: Distance casting summary by Mike Heritage

Perhaps you're changing my thinking about something. By moving his line hand up as he begins his forward cast he might be keeping slack out of the line.

When I tried to cast in a similiar way years ago, it would never work for me, perhaps because, when it came to hauling, I stopped my line hand from moving upward as soon as I started my forward cast.

Because I cast more like Tim Rajeff, I always finish my upward haul level with my rod hand, then I began my forward cast.

Randy
flylab likes this.