The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 5 Post By kingofamberley
  • 2 Post By bigjim5589
  • 3 Post By dhaynes
  • 1 Post By theboz
  • 2 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 05:40 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road
Default Lefty Kreh is the man!

I was watching casting videos, and came across one of Lefty where he describes using one's whole body to cast, not just the arm. That was definitely a lightbulb moment for me
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lefty Kreh is the man!

Some folks don't agree with his method, but that's how I've learned & can't agree more! He's the man!

I've also had the pleasure of meeting him several times & watching some of his casting demonstrations, which are always a learning experience & a joy to watch! He's quite a joke teller too!

If you ever get the opportunity to see him casting in person, don't pass it up! Coolest thing I've seen was when he casts the entire line with just the tip of a rod!
mcnerney and yonder like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

Lefty lives a few miles north of us. I met him briefly at an Trout Unlimited meeting and later arranged for a short fly casting session for my wife and myself. The one hour session stretched into two. Both of us learned a great deal and really improved our casting under his tutelage. Lefty is an extraordinarily patient teacher and a gracious man. As Bigjim said above, he has a great sense of humor! If you ever have the opportunity for a private or small group session where he can carefully watch what you do, do it...it's well worth it.

BTW, Lefty has a number of fly casting apps available from I-tunes... some are free, one is very inexpensive. All are great resources.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect description of Lefty! Along with gracious , Knowledgable and patient. Using the body from watching him cast has been my go to from the first time I saw his system! Great ambassador to our sport!
yonder likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Lefty visits our club fairly often and I've had the opportunity to chat with him a few times.
You know you've made it when he makes a joke at your expense
bigjim5589 and yonder like this.