The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 11:50 PM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Sexyloops Mobile App flycasting instruction

I want to qualify my following remarks. I am not an out standing caster. ....I found sexy loops several years ago and learned to double haul in just a short time. Maybe an hour and a few reviews of the videos that were on line. I had known about the double haul for many years but just could never figure it out. I lived in an area that nobody fly fished so I have been on my own for many years. Paul's videos worked for me. On a good day I can get my 9wt out around 100' thanks to Paul. I have not seen the apps and I currently don't have a smart phone but I bet they are great and will work. This old fat man will have a smart fone shortly and I WILL use the apps.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:35 AM

wduft is on a distinguished road

This is a great looking app! And as the creator of a fly fishing app, I understand how much hard work goes into an app that looks and performs like this one! I think our fly casting app, FlyCaster, along with these instructional videos could help new (and experienced) fly fishers hone their casting skills. FlyCaster allows you cast to rising trout on famous animated rivers like the Madison, Klamath and Yellow Breeches Creek. The other cool thing is that you can use a casting vector to practice keeping your stroke between 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock, and you can review your casting biomechanics data for each cast, per month or check your progression for a year. It can help you practice what you see in the Sexyloops video.

FlyCaster is available for iPhone 4 and up (not iPhone 3), as well as Androids.

You can check it out at:
FlyCaster

Here’s Field & Stream’s thumbs-up review of the app: Fishing App Review: Perfect Your Casting Rhythm with FlyCaster | Field & Stream

Tight lines!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:43 PM

floorabove is on a distinguished road

I am going to put this omy ipad later. I can use all the help I can get.

LOL
Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by akos75 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We signed up as business members here to promote the unique product we have worked on for more than a year. It is an application for mobile phones and tablets with maybe the finest fly casting instruction you have ever experienced. 3 hours of HD video right in your hands. No video streaming, so after you have downloaded it you won't need internet connection anymore to watch. You can take this instructional video to a field, pond or river and learn each cast using Paul Arden's step-by-step teaching method in combination with numerous practice drills taught.

Paul Arden is an AAPGAI Master Instructor with 30 years of teaching experience. He is one of the world's best distance casters and owner of the Sexyloops website.

My name is Įkos Szmutni, I am an FFF Master Casting Instructor, writer and filmmaker. I am responsible for the filming side of the project.

You can download the app in AppStore for your iPhone and iPad and in Google Play for Android devices. Sexyloops

We have a free video section so you can test if the application works on your phone or tablet. You will need approximately 4GB space and a Wifi connection to download all the videos. Despite Apple's specifications it won't work on iPhone 3GS only on iPhone 4 and later.

We are very keen to have any feedback from the users. You can contact us via e-mail, on our Facebook site dedicated for the app: https://www.facebook.com/SexyloopsMobileApp or on our main Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/Sexyloops

If you have any specific questions on the casts taught in the videos we have a section on our board dedicated for the app: The Board • Index page After reading the flycasting threads on this great forum I am sure you will find many answers in the video for your casting related questions!

I hope you will enjoy the work we have done!

Cheers,

Įkos

Click the image to open in full size.
This is great! I've been looking for something I could load on my Ipad, then take with me to the field behind the school or streamside while I practice my casting. It's one thing to look at a video on your computer, then drive somewhere to practice. It's another when you can take the classroom (Ipad with video lesson on it) with you.

It looks like each section is $1.99 with a total cost of $12 for the whole thing. Seems worth while to me!!

--Irish Blessing
Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, I may be purchasing this soon to take out to get yard with me, looks good.

Ryan
Old 01-21-2014, 01:37 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

I just downloaded this app the other day. I've been fly fishing on and off since 2005 but here in the last year and a half decided I want to pursue it almost exclusively. The fact that I bought a vise really helped this transition. Tying flies is as addictive to me as fishing. With as much material as I've purchased I have to commit to fishing...

That said I've always been a serviceable cast at best. I mainly fish for smallies and on small streams I could tear them up and make what I considered accurate casts. I started chasing the smallies on larger rivers and found out I'm not as good of a caster as I thought.

I've watched the Orvis videos and read books on casting, etc. but I still didn't fully understand some of the concepts such as double haul and roll cast. I've seen other people haul but they had trouble describing what they were doing and I had trouble figuring out the timing, etc. I actually haven't even casted since I bought the app, but now I clearly see what I've been doing wrong.

Hopefully I can put in some good practice and really get it down.

Great app and worth the purchase.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:06 PM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about

Sexyloops changed me from a rank beginner to an intermediate caster in roughly 30minutes.

I started fly fishing in about 1970 and I always struggled with it but loved chasing gills with poppers but had a real hankering to take the long rod to the salt. Read lots of books and tied salty flies for the time I would be able to hit the briney. I tried many times to double haul but it just never came to me. Living in east central Indiana fly fishing and casting resources were non-existant. About 10 years ago I lucked onto sexyloops web site and I quickly learned to double haul in the backyard and was casting my 5wt upwards of 70' with little problem. I can now cast my 9wt over 100' when I make a good cast and 90' is fairly easy. This is with only a moderate breeze but it is far better than I used to be able to cast. I don't consider myself a good caster and I still mess up casts and still get some wind knots but Sexyloops was my savior and I have personally thanked the man. I would recommend the instruction vids there to anyone and have done so on several occasions.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I've downloaded the app and a few of the instructions and really like what I see. When I take to the field to review the app it seems I need an internet connection to view the sections of the app that I purchased.
Can I store the files on my iStuff or do I have to download chapters each time I need them?
Maybe I haven't dg into it deep enough but storing for easy and ready access would be ideal.
Help a dummy out here please.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:24 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

This is a nice app... Only downfall is there's a lot of filler words "uh" "umm" etc in the videos... Gets a little annoying
Old 02-16-2014, 04:53 PM

akos75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
I've downloaded the app and a few of the instructions and really like what I see. When I take to the field to review the app it seems I need an internet connection to view the sections of the app that I purchased.
Can I store the files on my iStuff or do I have to download chapters each time I need them?
Maybe I haven't dg into it deep enough but storing for easy and ready access would be ideal.
Help a dummy out here please.
Hi,

Yes, you should be able to download the files and watch them without internet connection.
I am not a part of this project anymore so if you have further questions try to contact Paul on his website or via e-mail.
Thank you!

cheers,

Įkos