The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM

akos75 is on a distinguished road
Default The Sexyloops Mobile App flycasting instruction

Hi Everyone,

We signed up as business members here to promote the unique product we have worked on for more than a year. It is an application for mobile phones and tablets with maybe the finest fly casting instruction you have ever experienced. 3 hours of HD video right in your hands. No video streaming, so after you have downloaded it you won't need internet connection anymore to watch. You can take this instructional video to a field, pond or river and learn each cast using Paul Arden's step-by-step teaching method in combination with numerous practice drills taught.

Paul Arden is an AAPGAI Master Instructor with 30 years of teaching experience. He is one of the world's best distance casters and owner of the Sexyloops website.

My name is Ákos Szmutni, I am an FFF Master Casting Instructor, writer and filmmaker. I am responsible for the filming side of the project.

You can download the app in AppStore for your iPhone and iPad and in Google Play for Android devices. Sexyloops

We have a free video section so you can test if the application works on your phone or tablet. You will need approximately 4GB space and a Wifi connection to download all the videos. Despite Apple's specifications it won't work on iPhone 3GS only on iPhone 4 and later.

We are very keen to have any feedback from the users. You can contact us via e-mail, on our Facebook site dedicated for the app: https://www.facebook.com/SexyloopsMobileApp or on our main Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/Sexyloops

If you have any specific questions on the casts taught in the videos we have a section on our board dedicated for the app: The Board • Index page After reading the flycasting threads on this great forum I am sure you will find many answers in the video for your casting related questions!

I hope you will enjoy the work we have done!

Cheers,

Ákos

Click the image to open in full size.
baseman1, ts47, eastfly66 and 1 others like this.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:23 PM

bpeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Sexyloops Mobile App flycasting instruction

Good work! Is this a particular "style" of casting or something for all fly fishermen?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 PM

Peter,

The app has 6 sections, it starts right at the beginning and goes to the highest instructor level:

1. Essentials, grip, stance, loop formation, pick up and lay down cast, roll cast, double haul, etc.
2. Intermediate casting, the drift and the switch cast, tailing loops and Bill Gammel's 5 essentials (a little bit of useful theory)
3. Distance and accuracy, tips for both fishing and competition distance casting
4. Handling the wind (all directions) and trick casts, like the Galway, the Pendulum or the Bow and Arrow cast
5. Presentation casts, for example curves and slack line casts
6. Single handed spey casting
Old 05-31-2013, 05:34 PM

Location: South Florida & the White Mountains of New Hampshire
MAD777 has a spectacular aura aboutMAD777 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like a worthwhile app! I need to clean out a few non-worthwhile apps on my iPhone first. Lord knows I need all the help I can get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
Sounds like a worthwhile app! I need to clean out a few non-worthwhile apps on my iPhone first. Lord knows I need all the help I can get!
Actually you don't have to download all 4GB at once. You can download one section or even just a single video. The sizes of the sections are approximately 500MB to 1GB.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

App now downloading and fingers crossed that it works and is all you say it is.
Is it easy to access certain parts of the clips to play again and again? Some of out here need constant reinforcement.

How would you rank it as a teaching tool to help an instructor instruct? It seems like it could be the best thing going if it's anything like the Sexyloops website.

Thanks,
Jack, Peddler and more!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Jackster,

If you download the videos you can watch them as many times as you wish.

It will help any instructor to pick up a few new tricks for teaching. Even more help it will be if you would like to take a CI or MCI exam.

cheers,

Ákos

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeter View Post
Good work! Is this a particular "style" of casting or something for all fly fishermen?
Hi Peter, until Paul manages to register here I will post his answer on your question:

That's an excellent question Peter! The "styles " debate is a fascinating one. At one extreme we have instructors so frightened to teach style that they teach little apart from components, and at the other we have instructors who simply clone! There are undoubtedly "styles" that are good to learn, and I think good instruction is using both components as well as cloning techniques - and deciding which is appropriate at the time.

What I have done here, as much as possible, is to give several ways of learning the casts/techniques. Often when teaching, an angle we take simply doesn't work, and then we need to find another method, and if that one doesn't work we try a third. Of course with experience we can often select the right approach to begin with. In the case of an App, we will have all possibilities and so I have tried to put all these different approaches into the App (which is one reason it's 3 hrs long!).

Most of the people who have the App so far are already instructors or competitors. That's not the purpose of the App! What we would like to do is get this out to a wider audience because that is its purpose! If there are any casting questions related to the App I am more than happy to help.

Cheers, Paul
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

Hey, I downloaded the app. The introduction is great but when I went to download the triangle method it gave me a download error (403) HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Is this the guy with the weird "pulling" forward cast with continental drift (a la Alfred Wegener)?

I absolutely cannot cast in that style (I'm a "pusher") but I learned a lot about my casting via this website -- very cool.

You also argue that hauling works via increased line speed and not additional rod bend. Ed Jaworowski disagreed with you almost 1 month ago at the fly festival in Waynesboro, VA .

TB
Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm just welcoming Akos to the forum business group with this post. It is good to see the members having an interest in this product already. I'm sure that any glitches with downloads will be supported so lets get behind another new sponsor here

Ard