The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 AM

sparkie is on a distinguished road
Default Newb in lower MI needs with my casting!

I am completely new to fly fishing and I really want to know how to. But I don't have anybody to really show me how to. So my question is there anybody out there that lives in Kalamazoo or Battle Creek that wants to take time to show me. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newb in lower MI needs with my casting!

Sparkie

There was a post on one of the threads awhile back that had a link to a utube video on fly casting. You might want to try doing a search on utube for fly casting, at least its free.

Larry
Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 PM

pneumatic is on a distinguished road

Tim Landwehr of Tight Lines Fly Fishing Co. has some great instructional material. Tim is intelligent, knowledgeable, passionate and articulate - if you can't learn from him, then you should probably hang it up.

Tim: if you are out there, please let me know where to send the check!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLfJBTctA4Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLfJBTctA4Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9AcG4XkgG9c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9AcG4XkgG9c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1eSKa6Pt3R0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1eSKa6Pt3R0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Old 06-08-2008, 09:26 AM
jose will become famous soon enoughjose will become famous soon enough

I remember seeing these videos in the past and thinking, "This is a guy that I would love to fish with." He seems like a great guy, and I appreciate all his efforts to educate the public about fly fishing and conservation of the waters.

Great selection by the way, pneumatic.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Check your local flyshops or the local clubs, they should be able to help you out or at least steer you in the right direction.

Dan
Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 AM

pneumatic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I remember seeing these videos in the past and thinking, "This is a guy that I would love to fish with." He seems like a great guy, and I appreciate all his efforts to educate the public about fly fishing and conservation of the waters.
Honestly, I have no ties to him other than being a fan of his videos. After re-reading my last post, it sounds like a commercial for the guy so I felt like I needed to say that. What is amazing is that most of the video is contiguous, without cutting. If you've ever had to get up in front of the camera, you will know that this is difficult.

This guy should get together with Frank and start a fly fishing superhero club. They could fight bad guys with wooly buggers.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
jose will become famous soon enoughjose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
This guy should get together with Frank and start a fly fishing superhero club. They could fight bad guys with wooly buggers.
LOL! That's a good one!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM

rausch51 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rausch51

Pneumatic, thanks for the vids... what a great resource!

I bought the Sci Anglers fishing for Bass and Panfish video in which Larry Dahlberg gives some excellent casting instruction.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 AM

CaBrit is on a distinguished road

Pneumatic, thanks so much for posting those links - they've been so helpful