The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > The Fly Cast

The Fly Cast Discuss fly casting with the expert, ask for help, learn to cast farther, increase your accuracy, troubleshoot your cast.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Amazing and Beautiful Casting

I read someplace that women are generally better casters as they don't have all the bad habits they have to unlearn from a childhood of baitcasting/spincasting.

AND, they probably listen more/better...at least to someone who isn't their husband....
Old 03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi to all,

We can all take a lesson from Park. Notice how relaxed and nonchalant she is when casting. There is no rushing or jerker movements. Every action is smooth and taken at the proper time. Most of us get to rushed and work too hard. At least I know I do.

I have know several good lady casters. They learn quicker and easier than most men. We all talk about casting being about technique and timing. Its not suppose to be about strength. When you look at competition casting (Best of the West) the ladies almost always have less distance than men. I wounder why that is. I would think they should be outcasting men but it doesn't happen. Any ideas why competition women don't cast as far as men?

Frank
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think women have the same obsession with distance that we do. They are much more graceful and patient than we are so their casts are more fluid. Plenty of times I've been waste deep in the bay with fish swiming through my legs and still I would be fighting to cast down to my backing, not sure why...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I read someplace that women are generally better casters.

AND, they probably listen more/better...at least to someone who isn't their husband....
That's it in a nut shell from what I've been told.
Woman listen to what they are being taught, Men will generally try but go back to doing what they think they should be doing.

That's a Man for ya.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*