The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Articles > Fly Fishing Adventure Articles

Fly Fishing Adventure Articles Fishing stories and articles about trips and experiences with a fly rod.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 PM

harshrana is on a distinguished road
Default Himalayan Trout Fly and Lure Fishing

Hi! Guys,

We just returned from a short Trout Fly Fishing trip from Tirthan and Barot Valleys.

Tirthan Valley:

The first day was spent driving around, getting a feel of the river and clicking pictures.

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Now, next morning, when we were setting up our tackle and had barely made to the river when it started raining heavily, freak weather for this time of the year and it rained for the next 8 to 9 hours.

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Unfortunately, we couldn't even fish the next morning, the river has turned chocolate.

We decided to push on for Barot.

Barot Valley:

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

We reached Barot by evening and I got a Brown Trout on a Brown Wooly ******.

Trout Waters | Facebook

Following day, we cast to various lies and due to the car-sized boulders and tight conditions on Barot, a Spinning rod was also carried for prospecting purposes. We hooked and landed about 6 Brown Trout from one pool before it started to rain (2 on fly rod and 4 on Spin Tackle).

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Trout Waters | Facebook

Regards

Harsh Rana

Last edited by harshrana; 05-01-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Himalayan Trout Fly and Lure Fishing

Hello Harsh,

Your article would be better if I didn't have to open each picture manually, I am pasting a forum link for you. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...tml#post428183

If you put your pictures here the way the instruction explains you can create a string of images. The trip looks great.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 PM

harshrana is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Himalayan Trout Fly and Lure Fishing

Thanks Ard!

I've just created a PhotoBucket Account and for some reason, I cannot connect it with Facebook. I will get the Photos posted on the forum by end of the day.