The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 AM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Southern Council Conclave @ Mountain Home AR

Oct 1-3 is the Southern Council Conclave @ Mountain Home, AR. This annual event often exceeds the popularity of the FFF's International Conclaves in Montana.

Click the link above to go to the Conclave homepage on the Southern Council website for complete info, schedules, sign-up forms, and more.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist
Old 08-27-2009, 07:53 PM

flatslandercp has a spectacular aura aboutflatslandercp has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Southern Council Conclave @ Mountain Home AR

I don't remember how many programs Kurt has us signed up to give, but I think it is at least 6. We'll be doing our very popular furled leader building program where we teach folks to build furled leaders from standard monofilament WITHOUT tools or a jig. Just your fingers!

I think we'll also be doing our Intro to Saltwater fly fishing program, the Belize on the Cheap program, Florida Keys on the cheap, and IGFA world records programs.

Ken is right, the SCC is just about the biggest FFF Conclave around.

Craig
Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 AM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatslandercp View Post
I don't remember how many programs Kurt has us signed up to give, but I think it is at least 6. We'll be doing our very popular furled leader building program where we teach folks to build furled leaders from standard monofilament WITHOUT tools or a jig. Just your fingers!

I think we'll also be doing our Intro to Saltwater fly fishing program, the Belize on the Cheap program, Florida Keys on the cheap, and IGFA world records programs.

Ken is right, the SCC is just about the biggest FFF Conclave around.

Craig
i've been trying to hit craig and paul's florida keys on the cheap seminar for 4 years now, but i always have schedule commitments that conflict with it...again this year. the furled leader seminar is hugely popular everywhere they go! you can't go wrong with these 2 guys.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 PM

flatslandercp has a spectacular aura aboutflatslandercp has a spectacular aura about

Ken - you can always go read the article on our website (www.flatslander.com), then bring your Keys map to the conclave and find us hanging around the TFO booth when we're not doing a program. We'd be happy to mark the walk in spots for you.

Or, buy us a beer before the banquet dinner and we'll happily talk Keys fishing!

Craig
Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 AM

i may just have to combine both ideas! my in-laws live in florida. and if that isn't reason enough to know a lot about freelancing the keys, i also have a brother in miami with a mean wife and 4 spoiled daughters. so...for me...florida fly fishing is a matter of survival.
UPSTREAM, publisher