The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011 East Idaho Fly Tying Expo

Click the image to open in full size.

Its that time again when the annual Snake River Cutthroats sponsor the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo in Idaho Falls, ID. The event will take place April 15-16 at the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls. This is the 18th year for the expo and it won't disappoint in what it holds in store.

Admission both days is free and you will be treated to over 145 demo fly tyers where you can sit, observe, take notes and ask questions of some of the worlds best fly tyers. Tyers such as Bob Jacklin, Mike Lawson, Al and Gretchen Beatty, Jay Buchner, Carl Yoshida, Tim Tollett and Scott Sanchez to name a few, along with several tyers from right here at NAFF including myself and Joni Tomich.

There will be workshops hosted by Bob Jacklin, Mike Lawson, Jack Dennis and a variety of others to fill a large portion of everything fly fishing and tying.

Here is the link: Snake River Cutthroats Fly Tying Expo > Home

Hope you can make it. This is truly one of the premier fly tying and fishing expos in the country.

Kelly.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:00 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2011 East Idaho Fly Tying Expo

We'll see you there.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Oh man, sure would like to make this one. Just a little too far.
Just seeing what I have on NAFF I'd pick our tyers to watch most.
This tying addict could sure go for some pictures too.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmie, I'll make sure to get some pics

Kelly.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Folks, just a reminder to all that the expo of all expos takes place this week on Friday and Saturday in Idaho Falls, ID. I surely hope that those who can will be in attendance. There will be over 145 fly tyers with demos, tying theater, workshops and vendors, along with door prize drawings and you'll get to rub shoulders with some of the greats of the fly fishing and tying world.

The 18th Annual East Idaho Fly Tying Expo
April 15th & 16th 2011
Shilo Inn, Idaho Falls Idaho

The first Expo was in held 1994, primarily to showcase the talent of local flytyers and to share the art of flytying with local fisherman. Since then, the Expo has grown exponentially into one of largest and the most respected shows of its kind in the entire country. Now, in addition to seeing the best of local talent tying patterns for all area waters, the Expo attracts flytyers from all over the country and the world, who share their differing styles and techniques for tying flies for trout, salmon/steelhead, bass/warm-water, salt-water, still-water and exotic species.

Although the Expo’s emphasis is still on flytying demonstration, it also highlights all aspects of the art of flyfishing. The Expo offers free instructive programs and more detailed tying, fishing and casting workshops, for all ages, male and female. In addition, the Expo offers free casting, flytying and fishing instruction for the youth. The Expo has commercial exhibitors that offer the best of flytying and fishing materials and equipment.

The Expo is also a fund raising event for area conservation projects. Just in the last few years, the Expo has raised well over $150,000 that has been used on numerous conservation projects in the South Fork of the Snake, Henry’s Fork and Salmon River watersheds. Through various matching grant programs offered by government agencies and private trusts, these funds are multiplied 2x, 3x or even 4x fold for the benefit of area conservation projects. The funds raised has also enabled the SRC's to create fly fishing/tying education programs at numerous area schools.

Please join us, you won't be disappointed.
Fly Tying and Fishing Expo; FREE General admission.
* Friday 15th - 8am to 6pm
* Saturday 16th - 8am to 4pm

One last shameless plug for a great annual event!

See you there...

Kelly.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Did you hear who's tying next to you?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Serious?! Sweet! I have not seen the assignments yet, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. Now I'll see you guys for sure

Kelly.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Kelly

I did make it over but got jammed up time wise. Got there just about the time they were closing up on Friday. Saw couple folks from around Jackson. Interesting event have to plan my time better next year. Sorry to have missed meeting up with you!! Sure we will see each other on the water some place soon.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures