The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 PM

dguss is on a distinguished road
Fly Fishing Clubs

HEY ANYONE!

Is there a fly fishing club in Fresno or Madera, California? I found one on the internet, sent them several emails, and never got any replies. Now that's a lively club! Hmmmm...maybe the members don't have PC's?

Anyway...I'd love to hear from anyone in my area to see if anythings available.

Thanks!
Darrell
Old 08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly Fishing Clubs

Hi djuss,

Here is a club in Fresno. I don't know anything about them and hope it is not the club you have been calling.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:17 PM

tractman is on a distinguished road

Hello Dguss, I live in Madera and a newbi to fly fishing although I have had a great time learning...

I will send you a link to the Fresno Fly FIshing Club..

Tractman
Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 PM

Re: Fly Fishing Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi djuss,

Here is a club in Fresno. I don't know anything about them and hope it is not the club you have been calling.
Frank, I've sent them 3 emails, and never got a response. I wonder if anyone checks the site, or if anyone's alive in the Fresno Fly Fishing Club? I would love to join, but I'm not going to join something that someone won't even answer an email. I've sent them emails over a 2 month period of time. Dead or Asleep? Who knows?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractman View Post
Hello Dguss, I live in Madera and a newbi to fly fishing although I have had a great time learning...

I will send you a link to the Fresno Fly FIshing Club..

Tractman
Tractman,

I've tried them...no one returns emails. I'm not going to join something that can't either answer an email, or doesn't care. Do you belong to this organization? I live out in the Madera Ranchos...You?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 AM

I know what you mean...They are active if you go to their site, they have a trip about once a month and have an annual banquet. I don't know if anyone is watching the web site for new members though...

Tractman
Old 09-01-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I know what you mean...They are active if you go to their site, they have a trip about once a month and have an annual banquet. I don't know if anyone is watching the web site for new members though...

Tractman
They're having a meeting the middle of September, I'll stop by the Sportmens Club and check it out. They're also having an outing on the Upper Kings River the 29th and 30th. Sounds like fun!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:48 AM

The upper Kings seems to be one of their favorite areas. Also the Edison, Ward Lakes and Portal Forebay. Several of them hae floats or small boats they use in the Sierras..
Tractman

I live between Madera and Chowchilla off the 99 about 3 miles....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
The upper Kings seems to be one of their favorite areas. Also the Edison, Ward Lakes and Portal Forebay. Several of them hae floats or small boats they use in the Sierras..
Tractman

I live between Madera and Chowchilla off the 99 about 3 miles....
Portal Forebay is one of my favorite spots also. My wife and I have never been skunked there. Actually, I caught bigger fish there than I have at Edison. I just didn't have much luck on that lake. I had one monster bite that bent my pole almost in half, but I lost it. I caught one fingerling, and that was it. I also have a float that I've never tried, but I just got my waders and wading boots to complete the package. Maybe we can get together sometime and go fishing.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 AM

I haven't went the wader way yet. I have been wet wading in the streams mostly. I did fish the Forebay one day but it seems you need a tube or float to really fish there...I guess I need to start looking for one...I am sure we will run on to you up there sometime. Looking forward to it.....

Stan