The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-events-fly-tying-club-events/)
-   -   Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop Legendary Turkey Sandwich Day March 2 (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-events-fly-tying-club-events/311298-grizzly-hackle-fly-shop-legendary-turkey-sandwich-day-march-2-a.html)

kglissmeyer1 02-19-2013 02:21 PM

Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop Legendary Turkey Sandwich Day March 2

Dan Shepherd of Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop in Missoula, MT will be hosting the shop's annual turkey sandwich day and has invited me to tie during the event. Anyone in the area, drop by, have a sandwich and say "Hi". Hope to see you there.

Best Fishes,

Kelly.

rockriver 02-19-2013 03:19 PM

Re: Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop Legendary Turkey Sandwich Day March 2

Wish I could.

fredaevans 02-19-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockriver (Post 528562)
Wish I could.

A huge +1 to that! Is there any better 'eats' than a turkey sandwich with stuffing and CB sauce??????????????????? A dab of Mayo just rounds out everything nicely.:wavetowel

Liphookedau 02-19-2013 06:04 PM

If I was in Missoula I wouldn't miss it as it will be a little early, Fred's right A good Turkey Sandwich takes some beating long as though The Turkey isn't dried out like a lump of Leather,even though it's not Traditional I also like Sweet Chili Sauce on them,my mouths Watering & I'm licking my Lips.
Kelly I hope you all have a Good Day.
"Tight Tying Threads".
Brian.

fredaevans 02-19-2013 07:32 PM

Hear your Brian, that's why the dab of Mayo. But that chili sauce idea sounds damned good. But 'sweet chili sauce is a new one on me, a brand name?

rubberguy 02-19-2013 08:45 PM

vegimite !!!

fredaevans 02-19-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberguy (Post 528713)
vegimite !!!

If this what I think it is .... first time I ever put something in my mouth and spit it out on the plate. Asked 'what's in this stuff?' Never met a person who could answer the question.

Long time stopped asking ..... Things you don't want to know? :eek:

Or should be that = :rolleyes:

littledavid123 02-19-2013 09:37 PM

You boys haven't lived unless you tried a peanut butter and turkey sandwich...Yeah it sounds bad, but tastes wonderful, one of those rare perfect combinations.

Kelly, Dean_Mt lives in Missoula, I will send a PM to let him know.

Dave

mcnerney 02-19-2013 10:13 PM

Kelly: Wish I lived closer, sounds like a great event!

dean_mt 02-19-2013 10:25 PM

Kelly, I am not familiar with the "turkey sandwich day" at the Hackle. I don't frequent that shop as a couple other's in town so I'm not in the know with their promos all the time. When is it and what does the event entail...aside from turkey sandwiches? I always love watching and talking to other fly tiers!

-------

DOH! I didn't even see the title of this thread before I asked the obvious question above. Dave123 sent me a PM, so I googled the event and landed on your post - not beginning of the thread! I found that to be a little bit of innerwebs magic!
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/.../homer-doh.png