The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By kglissmeyer1
  • 2 Post By mojo
  • 2 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By kglissmeyer1
  • 3 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By mojo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 05:09 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2014 East Idaho Fly Tying Expo April 25, 26 - Idaho Falls, ID

It's almost here folks! I love this show as it is the one other regional shows strive to compare with. These guys and gals get it right and this is an awesome opportunity to see world class fly tiers at work. Mike Lawson, Bob Jacklin and many others will be in attendance. Admission is free!

I will be there tying both days as well as in the Tying Theater on one of those days. Hope to see you there.

East Idaho Fly Tying Expo |

Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.
mojo, fyshstykr, mcnerney and 1 others like this.

Last edited by kglissmeyer1; 04-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2014 East Idaho Fly Tying Expo April 25, 26 - Idaho Falls, ID

We'll be up there too. Joni's doing a tie-a-long class for her favorite flies, along with tying on Saturday.
kglissmeyer1 and mridenour like this.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I'll be there. I managed to have a little money left after the Expo last month in Utah. It was a great experience, but I am sure looking forward to this one
kglissmeyer1 and mridenour like this.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: I will try to be there on Friday, I'm headed down to the Green below Flaming Gorge for a float on Saturday, at least that is the plan at the moment!

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:36 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's here! Tonight is a buffet for fly tiers at Hyde Driftboats and then off and running tomorrow and Saturday. Joni is giving a presentation on stillwater fly tying, and I will be tying in the Tying Theater Saturday morning just before Mike Lawson - consider me his warm-up act .

If you are in attendance make sure to stop by my tying station and say "Hi".

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Kelly.
mcnerney and repperson29 like this.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

What an awesome show ! There were lots of warm, friendly people, tables full of talented tiers, and great displays.
I spent some time in the theater area and was treated to Kelly's demo. If you ever get the chance to see KG tie and teach, by all means do so. Great style, lots of personality, and infinitely educational.
I also had the pleasure of sitting at Joni's station, and greatly enjoyed watching her work. She makes it look so easy. I met Mojo, and had a nice conversation. They are truly nice, genuine people.
All in all, a rich experience, and I wish you all could have been there. My thanks to those folks who participated, and made it available.
mojo, mcnerney and kglissmeyer1 like this.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
What an awesome show ! There were lots of warm, friendly people, tables full of talented tiers, and great displays.
I spent some time in the theater area and was treated to Kelly's demo. If you ever get the chance to see KG tie and teach, by all means do so. Great style, lots of personality, and infinitely educational.
I also had the pleasure of sitting at Joni's station, and greatly enjoyed watching her work. She makes it look so easy. I met Mojo, and had a nice conversation. They are truly nice, genuine people.
All in all, a rich experience, and I wish you all could have been there. My thanks to those folks who participated, and made it available.
Great meeting and talking with you siege. Didn't see Larry though. Watched Kelly and snuck in his tying theater for a few. Kelly and his wife are fantastic people.
I did order a birthday present for Joni.
Sweetgrass Mantra Quad in a 7'9" 6/7 wt. Oh yea!
kglissmeyer1 likes this.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't make it over to the event, my plans changed once again and I have spent the last three days fishing below Flaming Gorge. Awesome trip, but it has been COLD, snowed Sat night up at flaming Gorge Resort while we were eating dinner and the wind has been non-stop, but the fishing has been awesome, I'll do a trip report when I get home, we are going to hike up river from Little Hole again today.

Larry