The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 08:12 PM

TCF is on a distinguished road
Texoma on the Fly

The Red River Fly Fishers and Eisenhower State Park would like to invite you to join us for the fly fishing event “Texoma on the Fly III” at Eisenhower State park Saturday, June 21, 2008. This event will include fly tying demonstrations, fly fishing instruction, fly casting lessons, fly fishing seminars, and the opportunity to fish Lake Texoma. There will be an emphasis on Striper and warm water fly fishing in Texas. The entire event including entrance into the park is Free.

Eisenhower State Park is located on the shores of Lake Texoma. Lake Texoma is located on the Texas and Oklahoma border about an hour north of Dallas, TX.

The event will be from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Saturday, June 21, 2008 at Eisenhower State Park.

We hope you will join us for a fly fishing day on Lake Texoma.

Directions to Eisenhower State Park: From TX Highway 75 north of Denison, TX. Take Exit # 72 west toward the Denison Dam. (The store “Dave’s Ski and Tackle” is located on this corner.) At the edge of the Texas side of the Denison Dam, turn left onto 1310. Follow 1310 to the park entrance.

More information is available on the club’s web site at Home Waters .

For the Red River Fly Fishers,

Jerry
Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Texoma on the Fly

SURE, wait til I move to south Texas to post this!

Just kidding. If ya get any takers, be sure to tell them where the event's gonna be within the park. There's lots of different spots folks could turn in and spends hours driving aimless loops. (I know it well, my best friend works on yachts all over that part of the lake and another friend lives on one of the docks in Eisenhower. I even did my Eagle Scout project at that park.)

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:10 PM

There will be signs once they get to the park and the folks at the gate will point them also.

This is the third year so I assume you went to the others before you moved?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Sorry, never made it. While I value and promote the clubs for the comraderie and teaching benefits, I've not ever been much of a participant.

It might be something ingrained in me from my days in Boy Scouts when the meetings bored me to tears and the campouts were all I really got excited about.

That and I'm one of the weirdos that really likes fishing by myself. Until I find a fishing buddy that wants to cover 2 miles plus of stream bed in a day, anyways.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Brunner is on a distinguished road

Great, I hope to make it out!

Is the Red River Fly Fishers the same as the "fly fishing club in Sherman"? The reason I ask is that I was interested in finding a local club but since I'm in Frisco, I guess that would be something in Sherman or the Dallas Fly Fishers.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 PM

9ason is on a distinguished road

I will pass this info to my club, next meeting or so, but usually someone will already know about it and tell us. We are the North TX Fly Fishers in Wichita Falls, BTW
Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunner View Post
Great, I hope to make it out!

Is the Red River Fly Fishers the same as the "fly fishing club in Sherman"? The reason I ask is that I was interested in finding a local club but since I'm in Frisco, I guess that would be something in Sherman or the Dallas Fly Fishers.
Yes, we are the club that meets in Sherman. We have members from all over the north end of Texas. Would love to have you come visit us.
Check out the website Home Waters

and...
Thanks 9ason.