The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events

Fly Fishing Events, Fly Tying & Club Events List fly fishing and fly tying events including shows, conventions, conclaves, seminars, classes, contests, round tables, club meetings, outings, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default A little excited

For the second time in the past few years Lefty Kreh will be the featured guest at our club's annual expo and banquet this coming February. (The guy might as well just join as he seems to be around as much as me )
Anyone in the area that has never met Lefty or heard him speak could do worse than spending a winter's day with our club. He's an entertainer as much as a fly fishing legend .
I'm posting this in advance in case anyone would want to make banquet reservations as well as attend the show.

Home | CFFA
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A little excited

Wish I lived closer, I'd be there for sure!

Larry
Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this up
Here's a list of the Expo vendors and tyers. Some of the tyers area fly fishers may recognize. As for the vendors, John Marona, the originator of the popular S&M bobbin is still closing out inventory from his popular Quiet Sports Fly Shop and Carl Barney's Housatonic Rods is where I get my discounted rod building supplies and most of the used rods that I've bought in the past few years.
There's quite a few area guides this year along with area shops, custom and factory rod builders, destination lodges, book dealers and others.
Of course seminars all day including one or two from Lefty

Expo -Vendors and Fly Tyers | CFFA
Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Rip,

I first met Lefty in 1989 at the Portland Boat Show. There was a casting pond and he gave three shows that day. I was there for all three shows. He hung out at Jim Tenney's display and anyone could walk up and talk. He has a smile for everyone and no question is too simple for him. If you had a question about your casting he might just pick up a rod and give you a couple of pointers. I saw him at the casting pond with several different people over the day.

If anyone is close to this show I urge you to go and catch Lefty. You won't be disappointed.

Frank
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 PM

My casting improved by leaps and bounds by watching Lefty at shows beginning in '81 or '82. I took notes of his '5 rules of casting ' and then would go back every time that I could to make sure that I didn't miss anything.
At one point last time he was at our club expo he was manning the TFO booth by himself and looked kinda lonely. I had books to be signed and took advantage. We had a nice conversation, just the two of us.
I knew that I was "in" when he made one of his patented jokes at my expense.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:57 AM

Lefty Kreh has donated one of his own rods to the CFFA for our conservation fund raffle.

He has donated a TFO TiCRX 9' 4wt. 4 piece that Lefty will sign on the grip. We will also have a letter of provenance, also signed by Lefty, to go along with the rod.

Tickets are $10.00 and can be purchased at the expo which is on Feb. 5th. at Maneeley's.

You can also purchase tickets by mail. Please send a check to:
Kurt Jagielow
14 Earl Ave.
Hamden, CT. 06514

The winner will be announced during the Feb. 5th. Banquet. The winner does not need to be present.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:16 PM

Here's the schedule for seminars on Saturday
Ice storm be damned

9:30 AM - Cast a fly Charters / Ray Stachelek - Tuna Helper - A recipe for Success

11:00 - Lefty Kreh - Lefty's Fishing Tips

12:15 - Baxter House Outfitters / Ken Tutalo - Streamer Flies and Tactics for Trophy Trout

1:30 - Marla Blair - The Hatch - The body language of trout - To choose the right pattern