The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Fly fishing FAQs

Fly fishing FAQs Find answers to the some frequently asked fly fishing questions...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chibb
  • 2 Post By fyshstykr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 12:29 PM

chibb is on a distinguished road
Default Where and how to fish for idaho carp

I have lived in idaho my whole life fished all over and seen carp in a lot of the lakes and of course snake river. But I have never seen one caught nor heard of people fly fishing for the snake river carp.. is it possible?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
fyshstykr likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where and how to fish for idaho carp

Blackfoot Reservoir is a good place to start.

Jeff Currier - Global Fly Fishing: Blackfoot Reservoir Fin Chasers Carp Classic 2013

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...w=1920&bih=919
mcnerney and kglissmeyer1 like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where and how to fish for idaho carp

Downstream from the south side of the Hwy 51 (Loveridge) bridge, all around Loveridge Is. You can fish this from paddle-craft, it's out of the main current, but beware the wind.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey