The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Fly Fishing How To's

Fly Fishing How To's Discussions on how to improve your fly fishing knowledge

Like Tree18Likes
  • 3 Post By james w 3 3
  • 1 Post By BigJim2x
  • 3 Post By siege
  • 8 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By booone0
  • 2 Post By mridenour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 PM

james w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud ofjames w 3 3 has much to be proud of
Default Stillwater

Love this site, BUT, why is there not a stillwater forum?
That's the message I just sent to the webmaster . . .
Surely I'm not the only one, or am I?

Your feelings about a stillwater section?
milt spawn, stenacron and Flygrain like this.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:37 PM

BigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stillwater

Although not specifically stillwater, the warmwater fly fishing forum holds many threads that are stillwater. I have not used a fly rod on stillwater yet but intend to give it a go at some point. For my purposes I am fine with using the warmwater forums but that doesn't indicate that a stillwater forum wouldn't be an asset.

2x
oldnewguy likes this.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM

siege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond reputesiege has a reputation beyond repute

There are warm and cold stillwater threads spread through the forums, and there's often good information to be found, but you have to look for it. The search feature is helpful for finding those threads.
That said, I like your idea, and hopefully it can be implemented.
We spent some very pleasant time yesterday at a local reservoir on pontoon boats. There are lots of members who fish ponds, lakes and reservoirs and would enjoy a stillwater forum. Good luck on your request, I hope it comes through.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:08 PM
guest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to beholdguest59 is a splendid one to behold

I am a Stillwater junkie and choose to fish it over rivers. It used to be the opposite until I learned the many joys of stillwaters, both cold and warm. I frequent another forum that has a Stillwater section and I do like it, but I also have no trouble finding and/or sharing whatever I need in this forum as it is.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:23 PM

runningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to beholdrunningfish is a splendid one to behold

That would be a grand idea to have a stillwater section. I don't fish rivers nor streams only stillwater and need all the help that I can get.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, since we seem to have some interest in having a "Stillwater Forum" I have created one in the General Fly Fishing Discussion forum as requested.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 AM

booone0 is on a distinguished road

By "Stillwater" you mean small inland lakes and ponds, right?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
mridenour

These guys will be happy we haven't forgotten them:

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
mcnerney and oldnewguy like this.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by booone0 View Post
By "Stillwater" you mean small inland lakes and ponds, right?
That's correct!