The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Humor (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-humor/)
-   -   Bozeman MT police blotter (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-humor/298349-bozeman-mt-police-blotter.html)

Rip Tide 10-02-2012 10:25 AM

Bozeman MT police blotter

You can't make this stuff up.....
Mondays are the best as they report on Saturday's activities
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Police Reports

Some highlights
* A woman of rural Manhattan reported that two pairs of blue jeans and several pairs of underwear were stolen off her clothesline. In addition, someone entered her house and ate part of a meatloaf stored in her refrigerator. — Oct. 9, 1980

* Complaint that “a person who looks like Dracula” was frolicking on playground equipment at Irving School. Due to the unusual nature of the call, three officers responded with garlic cloves, wooden stakes and crosses, the report said. The “vampire” turned out to be a woman in a long shawl. — Jan. 23, 1989

* A patrol car collided with an animal this morning on Amsterdam Road. The suspect was listed as “Doe, a deer, a female deer.” — Nov. 18, 1994

* A man in the 700 block of Mountain View Drive complained because his girlfriend’s husband keeps stopping by. — Sept. 8, 1997

* A mother on South 23rd Avenue wanted her daughter cited for returning home late. — Oct. 19, 2005

* Two Montana State University students, a man and a woman, were found in a vehicle parked along Frontage Road with fogged windows. They stated they were “admiring the sights.” The deputy told them to admire each other’s sights elsewhere in a more private setting. — April 1, 2011

dhayden 10-02-2012 10:52 AM

Re: Bozeman MT police blotter

They have it in the paper every day.. you can also buy a book of them.. they are hilarious at times.

gatortransplant 10-02-2012 10:52 AM

I think the responding officers doing their best Van Helsing impressions is the best. But I do love me some meatloaf...

fredaevans 10-02-2012 11:23 AM

Small town newspapers are the best by far. Local news frequently 'stranger than fiction.' Have daily 'auto-feeds' into my e-mail from 4 or 5.

Guest1 10-14-2012 02:53 AM

I liked the racing home from the bar one. "Dang! Now I've lost the race!"

When I was in the Navy in Hawaii, a bunch of had a race from one bar to another in Pedicabs. Each of us got a Pedicab and told the drivers "There's an extra $20 in it for the winner." Mine was going around a corner and I had my left leg out 'helping'. :rolleyes: I got my flip flop caught under the tire and it yanked me right out of the cab. The guy started to slow down and I yelled "Keep going!" I caught back up to him running like mad down the street with a flip flop in my hand. We won, but there were protests because I was not in the cab the whole way. He ended up with the $20 because nobody ever mentioned that as a rule. In fact there were no rules mentioned at all, as I pointed out.

bigjim5589 10-14-2012 09:28 AM

How about this: Proof that GOD exists! No way there isn't a higher power watching over people like this!

Please Move The Deer Crossing - YouTube

fredaevans 10-14-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 490980)
I liked the racing home from the bar one. "Dang! Now I've lost the race!"

When I was in the Navy in Hawaii, a bunch of had a race from one bar to another in Pedicabs. Each of us got a Pedicab and told the drivers "There's an extra $20 in it for the winner." Mine was going around a corner and I had my left leg out 'helping'. :rolleyes: I got my flip flop caught under the tire and it yanked me right out of the cab. The guy started to slow down and I yelled "Keep going!" I caught back up to him running like mad down the street with a flip flop in my hand. We won, but there were protests because I was not in the cab the whole way. He ended up with the $20 because nobody ever mentioned that as a rule. In fact there were no rules mentioned at all, as I pointed out.

POST OF THE DAY!!!

Clear winner. :icon_excl

webrx 10-16-2012 07:29 AM

Kinda makes you want to move to someplace like Bozeman instead of places where the stories are much more violent. I live in Reno, and while it isnt quite Bozeman, it is no where near as nasty as other places I have lived previously. sometimes I yearn for the simpler life :)

d

fredaevans 10-16-2012 07:44 AM

Here you go Webrx: Hamilton Montana (Bitterroot River runs right by town. Always one of my morning reads:

Ravalli Republic

yonder 11-15-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhayden (Post 487973)
They have it in the paper every day.. you can also buy a book of them.. they are hilarious at times.

I stayed in Bozeman for a week on my last Montana fishing trip. I would get up every morning, go to the cafe to order breakfast and read the paper. The police blotter quickly became my favorite read of the day. I really enjoyed that town.:)