The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Fly Fishing Humor

Fly Fishing Humor Good clean fun. Fly fishing jokes and humorous stories...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bozeman MT police blotter

You can't make this stuff up.....
Mondays are the best as they report on Saturday's activities
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Police Reports

Some highlights
* A woman of rural Manhattan reported that two pairs of blue jeans and several pairs of underwear were stolen off her clothesline. In addition, someone entered her house and ate part of a meatloaf stored in her refrigerator. — Oct. 9, 1980

* Complaint that “a person who looks like Dracula” was frolicking on playground equipment at Irving School. Due to the unusual nature of the call, three officers responded with garlic cloves, wooden stakes and crosses, the report said. The “vampire” turned out to be a woman in a long shawl. — Jan. 23, 1989

* A patrol car collided with an animal this morning on Amsterdam Road. The suspect was listed as “Doe, a deer, a female deer.” — Nov. 18, 1994

* A man in the 700 block of Mountain View Drive complained because his girlfriend’s husband keeps stopping by. — Sept. 8, 1997

* A mother on South 23rd Avenue wanted her daughter cited for returning home late. — Oct. 19, 2005

* Two Montana State University students, a man and a woman, were found in a vehicle parked along Frontage Road with fogged windows. They stated they were “admiring the sights.” The deputy told them to admire each other’s sights elsewhere in a more private setting. — April 1, 2011
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bozeman MT police blotter

They have it in the paper every day.. you can also buy a book of them.. they are hilarious at times.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I think the responding officers doing their best Van Helsing impressions is the best. But I do love me some meatloaf...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Small town newspapers are the best by far. Local news frequently 'stranger than fiction.' Have daily 'auto-feeds' into my e-mail from 4 or 5.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the racing home from the bar one. "Dang! Now I've lost the race!"

When I was in the Navy in Hawaii, a bunch of had a race from one bar to another in Pedicabs. Each of us got a Pedicab and told the drivers "There's an extra $20 in it for the winner." Mine was going around a corner and I had my left leg out 'helping'. I got my flip flop caught under the tire and it yanked me right out of the cab. The guy started to slow down and I yelled "Keep going!" I caught back up to him running like mad down the street with a flip flop in my hand. We won, but there were protests because I was not in the cab the whole way. He ended up with the $20 because nobody ever mentioned that as a rule. In fact there were no rules mentioned at all, as I pointed out.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

How about this: Proof that GOD exists! No way there isn't a higher power watching over people like this!

Please Move The Deer Crossing - YouTube
mcnerney, Rip Tide and fredaevans like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Bozeman MT police blotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I liked the racing home from the bar one. "Dang! Now I've lost the race!"

When I was in the Navy in Hawaii, a bunch of had a race from one bar to another in Pedicabs. Each of us got a Pedicab and told the drivers "There's an extra $20 in it for the winner." Mine was going around a corner and I had my left leg out 'helping'. I got my flip flop caught under the tire and it yanked me right out of the cab. The guy started to slow down and I yelled "Keep going!" I caught back up to him running like mad down the street with a flip flop in my hand. We won, but there were protests because I was not in the cab the whole way. He ended up with the $20 because nobody ever mentioned that as a rule. In fact there were no rules mentioned at all, as I pointed out.
POST OF THE DAY!!!

Clear winner.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Kinda makes you want to move to someplace like Bozeman instead of places where the stories are much more violent. I live in Reno, and while it isnt quite Bozeman, it is no where near as nasty as other places I have lived previously. sometimes I yearn for the simpler life

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 AM

Here you go Webrx: Hamilton Montana (Bitterroot River runs right by town. Always one of my morning reads:

Ravalli Republic
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
They have it in the paper every day.. you can also buy a book of them.. they are hilarious at times.
I stayed in Bozeman for a week on my last Montana fishing trip. I would get up every morning, go to the cafe to order breakfast and read the paper. The police blotter quickly became my favorite read of the day. I really enjoyed that town.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton