The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Fly Fishing Humor

Fly Fishing Humor Good clean fun. Fly fishing jokes and humorous stories...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chechem
  • 1 Post By dhaynes
  • 1 Post By moxnichts
  • 1 Post By dhaynes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 12:21 AM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough
Default Just need a little help interpreting this from my wife today

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:30 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Just need a little help interpreting this from my wife today

I wouldn't call it a Disorder it's rather a Habit A Way of Life which keeps us Sane & sometimes a Little Drained in our Pockets,overall it's a good Habit to have unfortunately it's not looked upon that way.
Brian.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:39 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about

Compliment her on being clever.
Then tell her to get back to the kitchen.
Then duck.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 AM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
I wouldn't call it a Disorder it's rather a Habit A Way of Life which keeps us Sane & sometimes a Little Drained in our Pockets,overall it's a good Habit to have unfortunately it's not looked upon that way.
Brian.
oh come on.... every person in A.A. starts out saying "I don't have a problem. I just like to drink a little"... Time to face up.... Remember the first sept is:

"We admitted we were powerless over fishing - that our lives had become unmanageable" Only then can you move on to real healing....

ok.... where is that sarcasm font when I need it.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chechem View Post
Compliment her on being clever.
Then tell her to get back to the kitchen.
Then duck.
Do you know why women have small feet? So they can stand closer to the sink as their doing the dishes .... or so I'm told.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:11 AM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

Woo Hoo... all tongue in cheek of course. Truth be told my wife supports me any way she can. Particularly by making me a pile of PBJ sandwiches and encouraging me to go ahead and spend the night instead of driving 5 hours home. I'm envious of folks who have closer fishing, but I'm about 5 hours from what I think is some of the best fly fishing the county has to offer.

Our trips usually start with 1 or 2 friends leaving at 3 or 4 AM headed towards Redding CA, fish 1/2 day Fri, all day Sat, 1/2 day Sunday and head home. If we end up close to Redding then we get a good steak dinner somewhere otherwise most small towns around mostly close up so its PBJ's for lunch and McDonalds for dinner. Its a great trip when we catch, and its all about the adventure when we don't. The she asks to see what we caught and we say we let them all go and we drove 5 hours to do it. Good times, and hence the Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder diagnosis from her!
dean_mt likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

I'm going to assume that the wives were NOT anywhere near the computer screen when some of these replies were typed. Time will tell tho, as to who makes some posts in the near future and who doesn't. :O

At least the OP is not in the dog house for going fishin' with his buddies.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Do you know why women have small feet? So they can stand closer to the sink as their doing the dishes .... or so I'm told.
And most are shorter than us which makes it easier on there back bending over to do those dishes in the sink.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
My wife saw this and said small feet were beneficial for sticking them up your....oops, this is family channel....
dean_mt likes this.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Fred.
A few yews ago I told a mate a similar Joke which I won't repeat he was Silly enough to tell his wife She threw The Kettle of Boiling Water at Him.
He told me I nearly had him killed I told him that was from being stupid enough to tell a Poor Joke to his wife.
So if any of you guys tell your wife any Poor out of character Jokes as chechem said Duck & get out of The Way as you don't know what objects will come flying.
Brian