The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Fly Fishing Humor (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-humor/)
-   -   Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.' (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/fly-fishing-humor/323711-old-but-you-need-buy-new-putter.html)

fredaevans 06-30-2013 07:04 AM

Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

My Blackberry Is Not Working! - The One Ronnie, Preview - BBC One - YouTube

mcnerney 06-30-2013 07:15 AM

Re: Old, but you need to buy a new 'Putter.'

Fred: That was great, I almost busted a gut laughing so hard......great way to start a Sunday morning! Thanks!

fredaevans 06-30-2013 07:37 AM

Remember the 'Good Old Days' where a really great Comedian could put on an hour stand up and not use a single "four letter word?" Infer, but beyond 'Heck?'

mcnerney 06-30-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 568313)
Remember the 'Good Old Days' where a really great Comedian could put on an hour stand up and not use a single "four letter word?" Infer, but beyond 'Heck?'

That brings back some memories of the old great comedians of years past!

Hardyreels 06-30-2013 10:49 AM

Pretty good that one, have you ever watched these guys; Armstrong and Miller. This one is called 'The Origins of Small Talk' best cave man video I've seen.

fredaevans 06-30-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnerney (Post 568334)
That brings back some memories of the old great comedians of years past!

Bob Newheart (sp?) comes immediately to mind. On the other side of the coin another name comes mind (San Francisco). Every fifth/sixth word was a profanity. People howled in laughter (political commentary) and I just got up and walked out.

fredaevans 03-29-2014 03:48 PM

I am sooooo PIXED I could just go out side and SCREAM AT A TREE!

Typing on an old Dell Inspiron/9200 that I bought back in 2002 (XP the operating system) and the 'new one' has 7.1 or 8.1 as the base program. You get one guess as to which is ticking right along.

Two questions: Anyone know where I can buy/install the XP program and can you chuck the 'cru d' that came in the new one?

Fred

comeonavs 03-29-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 653179)
I am sooooo PIXED I could just go out side and SCREAM AT A TREE!

Typing on an old Dell Inspiron/9200 that I bought back in 2002 (XP the operating system) and the 'new one' has 7.1 or 8.1 as the base program. You get one guess as to which is ticking right along.

Two questions: Anyone know where I can buy/install the XP program and can you chuck the 'cru d' that came in the new one?

Fred

No idea where you can buy it, I hate windows 8 with a passion (who moved my cheese ?)

XP goes end of support 4/9/14 so not to rain on your parade but maybe see if Vista is a better option.

fredaevans 03-29-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comeonavs (Post 653185)
No idea where you can buy it, I hate windows 8 with a passion (who moved my cheese ?)

XP goes end of support 4/9/14 so not to rain on your parade but maybe see if Vista is a better option.

Hear you and I'll get every up-date I can find. I'd rather use 'old' than something 'new and shinie' that just flat fixking doesn't work. Is 'Oracal' (spelling:rolleyes:?) a viable option?

fae

comeonavs 03-29-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 653227)
Hear you and I'll get every up-date I can find. I'd rather use 'old' than something 'new and shinie' that just flat fixking doesn't work. Is 'Oracal' (spelling:rolleyes:?) a viable option?

fae

oracle is a enterprise database application, something your banks would have used transactionally along with client profiles.

Sounds like game plan is windows xp, update it to the last second and set your firewall to the max. I wish XP was staying viable. Windows vista and 7 were ok, I just can't stand windows 8