The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 05:22 PM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
Joined the club last Saturday and purchased an Alpha 5/6 and some line.

I run to the mailbox every day like a little kid. Can't wait to receive it, get it on my 6 weight, and get it all wet.

I have plenty of friends who are interested to see it as well. Nothing like direct marketing.
I'm the same way and my 3/5 Trout just showed up....

WOW, it is very,very nice.

Thanks Justin, Boser
Old 12-04-2010, 03:33 PM

wdalley is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I just purchased a Alpha 7/8 reel, awesome looking reel but no instructions on how to change the retrieve???
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdalley View Post
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I just purchased a Alpha 7/8 reel, awesome looking reel but no instructions on how to change the retrieve???
Go to this page and you will find instructions if you scroll down a few posts. Link: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...scounts-9.html

I think they are the same for your reel.

Gary
Old 12-04-2010, 11:58 PM

I already found this page in the forum and the Alpha is not the same as the reel in the picture, no bearing as pictured. If anyone can provide additional information please help.

Thank-You for your reply still confused
Old 12-05-2010, 12:09 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I already found this page in the forum and the Alpha is not the same as the reel in the picture, no bearing as pictured. If anyone can provide additional information please help.

Thank-You for your reply still confused

Yeah, that was for the XL, I think the alpha is similar to the Trout. I can't remember how it's done on the trout but it's in that thread somewhere.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 AM

boser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura aboutboser has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
wd, I have quite a few Allen reels, Some you have to remove the spool as the bearing is in the spool. Remove the spool, turn the spool over, you may see a little clip ring pin, Take it (clip) out and remove the "one way bearing" turn the "one way bearing" over and re-install it back into the spool, then install the little clip ring .

If it's another style the "one way bearing stays on the shaft when you remove the spool. If thats the case, the bearing is held on with an o-ring. Remove the o-ring, turn the bearing over and install the o-ring.

These are the only two types I've seen. If the bearing stays in the spool when you remove it just make sure the clip ring gets positioned in the slots once you turn the bearing over to change the retireve.

Boser
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Thanks everyone the solution was to remove spool and remove o-ring and flip the bearing.

Thanks every one.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

For Today 19 days till Christmas.... HOOKS 2 for 1 today.

If interested, please send me a PM

Thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

Just received my Alpha 5/6 and fly line in the mail. In hand it is even more impressive than I thought it would be when looking at the pictures online. Very light. High tolerances. Feels smooth. Can't wait to get it wet this weekend.

What kind of maintenance is required? Does anybody know?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:47 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the diameter on the 3/5 Trout? I just noticed that they are in stock, and might have to buy one. The other question is will they fit in the narrow slots of a Sage ZXL reel seat? Many reels won't ......