The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
What was that? Test-drive for fishermen in WNY? Wait, PNW? Darn... See you guys in Somerset, I hope! Certainly be seeing more of your product before then, however.
Pacific northwest! For now at least... I'm sure the rods will make their rounds all over eventually.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aff View Post
If there are any forum members in the PNW who want to take one of our new two handers for a test drive, let me know if you want to arrange to meet up and try them out!
Can we meet on the Clearwater? or maybe the North Fork area?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

John, I'll meet you in Clearwater next week! OH, the Clearwater? Guess I'll just have to buy one of the two-handers and test it myself

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

No ROCKY MOUNTAINS?????
Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

AJ, I'll pick you up in Idaho Falls and then we'll head up.

Really would love to test drive one of these new rods. I just told mrs fysh I needed a 12' 6" 6wt to swing streamers on The South Fork next Summer. Gonna see if I can start a new trend there.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
Mike, your orders have gone out. We tried out best with increased sales to make sure all will be received ASAP.

Thank you

Justin
its all good, this just means i dont have to wrap it up for myself haha. this week is shipping madness anyway.. plus the weather is junk right now.
MIke
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 AM

diverdown is on a distinguished road

Justin/Evan,

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Sommerset. As I will be waiting until after christmas to make my purchases, I am wondering if you will be bringing rods and reels to the show to sell. Specifically, I am looking for a 12' 5wt spey and an anti-reverse reel.

Thanks and have a great Holiday Season and a happy New Year !!!!

~Stephen
Old 12-23-2011, 09:22 AM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough

Perhaps I'm a bit daft, but I can't quite figure out how to use the discount codes. Do I just put it in the "notes" section at checkout and then adjust payment in PayPal? Is it supposed to be automated in some way that I'm just missing? I've gone through the motions a number of times both with codes posted here and that I've received via email and not seen any obvious place on the product page, in the cart or at checkout to apply a discount code.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 AM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberguy View Post
Perhaps I'm a bit daft, but I can't quite figure out how to use the discount codes. Do I just put it in the "notes" section at checkout and then adjust payment in PayPal? Is it supposed to be automated in some way that I'm just missing? I've gone through the motions a number of times both with codes posted here and that I've received via email and not seen any obvious place on the product page, in the cart or at checkout to apply a discount code.
It can be kind of confusing with our particular cart software. The code box is actually very visible and hard to miss.... It's just on a page that's about 2 pages after you'd expect it. It's on the very last page of the checkout process. After the Paypal screen when you put in your credit card info.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdown View Post
Justin/Evan,

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Sommerset. As I will be waiting until after christmas to make my purchases, I am wondering if you will be bringing rods and reels to the show to sell. Specifically, I am looking for a 12' 5wt spey and an anti-reverse reel.

Thanks and have a great Holiday Season and a happy New Year !!!!

~Stephen
Stephen,

We will indeed have rods there for you to cast, and we will be doing sales at the shows. But instead of paying to have an inventory of stock shipped to each show (not cheap), we're drop shipping to customers from our warehouse with discounts and/or free shipping.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Can we meet on the Clearwater? or maybe the North Fork area?
The Clearwater is quite a haul for me! I'll see if I can squeeze in a trip to that part of the world, but with all the trade shows and other daily work I have, these next few months are going to be pretty tough for me!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:32 AM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aff View Post
It can be kind of confusing with our particular cart software. The code box is actually very visible and hard to miss.... It's just on a page that's about 2 pages after you'd expect it. It's on the very last page of the checkout process. After the Paypal screen when you put in your credit card info.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------
That would explain it, I never went that far... thanks