The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 AM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road
Question Georgia?

Justin et al,

Any chance of an appearance in the Southeast...specifically, Georgia?

http://www.northatlantatradecenter.c...fish_sched.pdf
Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

I just received 2 of the new Allen alummminimunum fly boxes and I will say they are very nice and great value for the price Knowing the issues that I have, I would bet money that I will purchase a couple more.

Different colors would be nice so I don't have to label them
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 AM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Just a follow up to the Minnesota expo, but they have all of the info here: National Sports Center | Blaine, Minnesota USA
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

i was looking on the allen website and i couldnt find the lines. is allen no longer producing lines?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:09 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
i was looking on the allen website and i couldnt find the lines. is allen no longer producing lines?
Line production is taking a hiatus for a while. Since I have taken over product testing, I didn't feel the lines were in line with the quality our company was striving for. While we did sell them at a bargain price, I didn't feel the lifespan of the lines was sufficient to justify selling them. I also didn't feel that the upper weights of the lines were up to my performance standards. The lines did work for many, but I felt that the quality needed to be addressed.

We do plan to re-continue line production in the future. However, there are some challenges we must overcome to provide both the quality, and the value we are striving for in all of our products. We feel that our new lines of rods are one of the best values for quality and price out there, we feel our reels fit that description with the component upgrades we've been making, and our hooks definitely fit the bill. Once we have a line that checks out with all of my requirements, we'll have them back!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

do you have a double taper 6 weight of the old line that i could buy?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM

fredy is on a distinguished road

Justin, Evan, and Gavin,

I was great meeting you guys at the Sommerset, NJ show. The rods look great and the colored reels look amazing in person! I was very impressed with the different rod actions and they felt great in the hand too. I will send pictures a soon as I am done building the Xa blank.

Looking forward to recieving the Alpha 7/8 reel so I can break it in on some Steelies.

Thanks again for great customer service and products.

Tight Lines,
Fredy De Leon
Ridge and Valley TU, VP and Conservation Chair
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy View Post
Justin, Evan, and Gavin,

I was great meeting you guys at the Sommerset, NJ show. The rods look great and the colored reels look amazing in person! I was very impressed with the different rod actions and they felt great in the hand too. I will send pictures a soon as I am done building the Xa blank.

Looking forward to recieving the Alpha 7/8 reel so I can break it in on some Steelies.

Thanks again for great customer service and products.

Tight Lines,
Fredy De Leon
Ridge and Valley TU, VP and Conservation Chair
Thanks Fredy and everyone else! We had a great time, and loved getting some great feedback on all the new rods!

Gavin wasn't actually at the show. The "third wheel" with us is Jason, who is our sales guy (for when we get the dealer program going). He's a very fishy guy with the trout, and is an excellent caster!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

How's production going on that pretty looking anti-reverse reel you guys are making? Would like to be your first customer on that reel from what I have seen and heard of it.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:26 AM

auntrout will become famous soon enough

Do you plan on attending the Fly Fishing Show in Pasadena, CA on March 3 & 4?