The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

Met Justin this afternoon, setting up for this weekends Wasatch Fly Tying and Fly Fishing Expo. It was a pleasure meeting you Justin. Got to check out the new rods. Lots of rods. The cool thing about where his booth is, is that the casting pond is 15' away. All you locals in Utah, come on down Friday and Saturday. Apparently Evan couldn't make it, because it's his birthday. Dude, you'll have lots more- trust me. Should have made the trip.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I also met Justin today at the Wasatch Expo, he's a nice guy.

Took a few rods for a "test drive" and was impressed with them, great casting sticks at a very affordable show price.

I've been wanting to see what the Allen Olympic Spey Rod was about, so Justin lined up the 13' 6" 8wt for me and off I went. The show's casting ponds were in heavy use so I went to an open area behind the curtains and even without the use of water to help me anchor and load the rod I was able to easily throw the entire line into the backing using a single spey cast. Yea, I like this rod! Planning to check out the 12' 5wt tomorrow, I'll see if I can get Wovenstonefly to toss it around too.

Cromney and I also cast the Xa in a 8' 6" 4wt. Nice rod too, but just a bit fast for me, I got the impression that Cromney really liked it.

The "sleeper" rod to me was the mod/fast 'ats' in 9' 6wt, the rod cast nicely at 25-30' and when I leaned into it, it had no problem keeping line in the air and I was able to throw a nice cast to within 5' of the backing. I thought that was pretty good considering I had never touched the rod before. I may not get this rod tomorrow, but I will have one sooner or later. Very sweet!

Overall I was impressed with Justin's lineup of rods, they cast well, and the aesthetics are as good as, if not better than many of the more expensive rods out there. Good job Justin.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 04-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Come say hi, Joni is tying from 9- Noon and doing furled leader demonstrations after. I should be at the raffle bucket tables.
I going to check out the rods too. Not that I need another one, but you never know.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I'll do that. Looked for Joni yesterday(figured she'd be easier to recognize) but didn't see anyone I thought to be her. Seein' how mrs fysh will have help in the CFR Booth today I can hang elsewhere, planning to cast some bamboo rods and hang around and watch Allen(Wovenstonefly) since he's gonna be tying for a while.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT A SHOW!!! This was the best ever!! Fysh and Mrs Scentsy...most bodacious to meet you two. Whay have we not done more together. Fishing, camping?!
Well, I was busy most the day but I could not get out with nothing so of course I stopped by ALLEN's. Justin, you are the coolest person I know. It was a pleasure meeting you in person. I am going to spool the new reel this evening and try to get out and try the NEW Allen rod this week. 9' 6 wt ATS (A Tomich Special...note, my last name LOL)
People, this is the butter smooth action of the JWF, the LT, even the LL. Perfect for my style. Can not wait!!!!

Thanks Justin and all involved with a day that goes under the old "tuff to beat" days.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Joni, it was nice to finally meet you and Mojo, and thanks for the furled leader. We should hang out sometime while getting some "water therapy".
I'm glad you got the Allen 'ats', that is one sweet rod.

I was impressed with the Wasatch Expo, your TU Chapter should be proud, they put on a good show.

Last edited by fysh; 04-07-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Thanks to everyone I was able to see at the show. The event was perfect and everyone was very nice. Looking forward see you all next year. Allen, I'll make sure I have an orange reel for ya

Also, this was just done by the guys from ProGuideDirect on our ATS rod

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

New Website Launches Today!

We have been working hard over the past few months to put together a new website that reflects the amount of growth we've gone through as a company. We have cleaned up and improved the layout to be more intuitive and easy to navigate, and added new content and features.

Deal of the Week

One new section of the website you will notice is our deal of the week. This will showcase one item we are offering at our best discounted price in very limited quantities. We highly encourage bookmarking this site and checking back each week to see the new deal!

Customer Accounts

Our new website features customer accounts. Each time you want to make a purchase, you will login to our store to complete the transaction. If you have purchased from us before, you will already be in the database. All you need to do is set up a new password. To do this, simply type in your email address and hit "forgot password." This will take you through the steps to get this set up. It's quite easy, and only takes a minute. If you are part of our guide, pro, or military purchase programs, please contact Evan (evan@allenflyfishing.com) to get your account properly set up.

Product Reviews

Our new site also features the ability to leave reviews of the products! If you have some Allen gear you've been using, let everyone know how it's working out for you! Using our hooks? Leave a review letting us know what you've been using that hook to tie up!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

site looks awsome
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 PM

caleb7mm is on a distinguished road

I need a couple of these reels bad!

hhhhmmmm matching green trout size 1 and alpha II size 3.