The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds

Fly Fishing Tackle Business Classifieds Featuring fishing tackle offers from retailers, manufacturers and others in the trade. Please see first post for information on how to register. In the unlikely event of a dispute please handle this privately or advise Admin. Please note the bumping of adverts is not permitted.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 12:41 PM

wonderfulremark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing - Product Discounts

Man, so many compliments.. I can't wait to get my XL 3/4 reel
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh' View Post
Got home from Wyoming last night, checked the mailbox and found my Alpha 9/10.
I must say (as other's have), this is a very, very nice reel, a nice clean finish and smooth drag system. I am impressed Justin. Thank you.

Looks dang nice on the two-handed rod.

Great! Glad you like the looks of the reel. Enjoy using it

Thanks again,

Justin
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM

830lee is on a distinguished road

First time post here!

I just received a new ALpha 9wr, line and fly boxes. All of the items look great! Now I need anther 9 Alpha and 3 spare spools! Next weekend the Alpha will be in the saltwater in Corpus Christi.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:46 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Hey Justin, PM sent. Had a couple questions to ask. Recommendations and price.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenflyfishing View Post
Great! Glad you like the looks of the reel. Enjoy using it

Thanks again,

Justin
Welcome.
I'll be ordering another reel soon.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light
Default Allen Fly Fishing - Product Updates

Hello Everyone,

First, I want to thank all of you helping Allen Fly Fishing reaching new goals. I wanted to send a new release out letting everyone know what is coming out and what to expect.

1. Trout Series The new design is doing well. They will be back in stock in 7-8 days. Im sticking with Gunmetal and Black for colors right now. However, I am going to have a green and red colored reel made in the future.

Also, I am making a 3/5, 7/8 (steelhead), and 9/10 (salmon) in the Trout series. These should be done and ready before the steelhead start running.

2. XL Series This reel has made a good showing on the first generation. The new and improved reel will be ready shortly. It will be available in 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8.

The 5/6s will have both options of a silent retrieve and a click retrieve. Also, the 7/8 in this series will have a cork drag. For those that prefer cork over carbon.

3. Rods This has been a hot topic. I am working on a new rod for the last several months. Been testing and rebuilding until I am 100% fine with it. What I can tell you , is that it started at 3.2oz in a 9, 5wt, 4pc. Seven months later its at 2.45oz.

Once it is ready, I will start with a 5wt, 9, 4pc rod.

4. Saltwater Reel Im pretty excited about this. I will release 3D prints in a few weeks. The reel will be in a 7/8, 9/10, and 12/14 wts. The drag is a multi disk drag. The prints that I will release soon might change when the finished product is done.

I am prototyping a 9/10 wt reel and looking for the biggest fish possible for testing. Im positive this reel will be a contender in the big game reel selection when its all done.

Well, thats all for now. As always, contact me if you are interested in any product.

Thank again,

Justin Allen
Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM

iualum is on a distinguished road

Are the new trout reels in stock yet?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Business Member

They are in transit to me. They are in Black and Gunmetal

Thanks

Justin
Old 08-19-2010, 09:40 PM

iualum is on a distinguished road

That is good news, can't wait to get mine, and then post pics of it with some fall steelhead.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Business Member

Well, I changed my mind on the design so now I have some new XL 5/6's that I want to close out on. Its a great looking reel, but I want to make some other changes to it again. Wanna cut the weight down. This would be a good back up reel.

The current changes that I made are
a. Drag Cover
b. Larger Drag Knob
c. Improved Drag Components

Price $48

Click the image to open in full size.

If interested, please PM me.

Thanks

Justin "Allen"